Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Anybody know any Good dentists in Chetumal or Belize City that speak English and have high hygenic standards ?.
Also prices for cleaning ?

J
J
I have been using the Dental Center based in Mercy Lane, Belize City. Doctor Pedro Habet has been taking care of me.
http://www.offshoredental.com/

M
M
My dentist in Belize City...
Dr. Arden Wayne Usher
2529 Central American Blvd at Mahogany Street
Phone: 227-4999
No complaints.

Not sure why you asked about Chetumal, but if you're looking for a good dentist in northern Belize...
Dr. Garcia, 56 5th Ave, Corozal
Phone: 422-2355

C
C
The Best Dentist is Arden Ushers, Brother, Osbert Usher, we used to go to Arden but 10 years ago we started going to Osbert upon Ardens request Arden is good but as he told us his brothr has better options.. Osbert is fantastick. He is the only Dentist here that has the panoramic Xray machine to do wisdom teeth. He is the only dentst that actually teaches other dentist on permanent teeth implants. I actually love him, I just came away from seeing him every week for 8 weeks. I am in my 60s, he is the reason I still have all my teeth.
Cleaning about $40.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
I ahve been to dentists both in Belize and in Chetumal. I was really impressed with my dentist (Dr. Maldonado) in Chetumal. Not only is it a state of the art clinic, super hygenic, but the prices are much less than in Belize (immagine that!) and the work much better in my opinion. Dr. Maldonado is also fluent in English. His receptionist is still learning English though, and phone calling will require some patience.
I had a root canal and a crown and was charged about $300 U.S. (2 years ago) The work is tight and secure. He installed a temporary crown which looked almost as good as the permanent crown, the next day after he did the root canal and prep work. 1 week later installed the permanent crown. And while its more convenient to just go to Belize City, for anything extensive, I would check out Chetumal if you have the time. I also had a thorough cleaning done by the dentist himself and all of my little fillings fixed up for around $100 U.S.

N
N
I had an appointment this morning with Osbert Usher and was very impressed. He was patient, thorough and very smart. The office was very clean and I liked his support staff.

In my experienced with him (admittedly limited, only a couple of visits) Dr. Osbert Usher is really good, pain-free and a real sweetie.

OP Offline
I visited Dr.Osbert Usher after the blog gave raving reviews on his profession. I was quite shocked when he told me I had twelve cavities without exraying. Also, some of my fillings were getting weak and loose and needed replacing. After a quote of $5400.00 BLZ., I decided on my next trip to Canada to get a second opinion. I've just returned from my trip to Canada and the dentist in Canada said I was cavity free! What?
The Canadian dentist also said my old fillings were quite solid and strong and she didn't see any need for dentist work at this time.
Hmmm......

Is Canadian dentistry on the government's dime?

I recently had Dr. Osbert Usher do a crown for me (clearly needed, as my tooth broke) - total cost $550 Bz. Painless and done in two visits.

C
C
You dont need xrays to tell you how many cavities you have. Thats just a trick to get more money from you. A trick Dr. Usher does not use.We are used to lots of tricks in the U.S. and Canada to get more money from us. Just a cleaning and pick probe can tell a good Dentist where cavities are.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.