Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457036 02/01/13 11:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Is there a map anywhere that indicates the various "districts" of Ambergris Caye. It is so hard to read news stories without one. I have travelled via golf cart on every road in the area but couldn't tell you what "district" I was in when I encountered this or that. For example, I have travelled through the "San Mateo District" based on photos seen on this site but can't remember where that was.

M
M
I agree, I am not familiar with the districts either and we have been everywhere on the island. That would be great if someone would privide that info!

Lots of maps here: //ambergriscaye.com/maps/index.html (many with outdated info/defunct businesses)

Some of the neighborhoods (districts as you call them) are on this one: //ambergriscaye.com/maps/art/MapIslandbareas.jpg

At one time, I thought Tacogirl had compiled a neighborhood map, but I cannot locate it now.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Not a map but a bit about the different areas from 25 Yyears ago on Ambergris Caye By Angel Nunez
//ambergriscaye.com/25years/area.html

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

A
OP Offline
A
Great article Tacogirl. Very Helpful.

Several years ago the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch, lead by Marilyn, created a multi-colored map showing each of the districts. This was presented to the police department and at one time was displayed on the wall in their lobby. I don't think it is still there. Steve Spiro was also involved and although Marilyn is no longer on the island Steve(El Pescador Fly Fishing Resort) may have a copy.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.