Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
C
OP Offline
C
Does anyone have any idea of when they might be grading the road north of the bridge? The pot holes are sooooo bad. My neck and back are taking a beating. A call to the town council just now was answered with the response, "that is handled by the deputy mayor, and he is not in right now, and i dont know when he will be in because sometimes he's here and sometimes he's not".

Originally Posted by cayemaster
"that is handled by the deputy mayor, and he is not in right now, and i dont know when he will be in because sometimes he's here and sometimes he's not".

Welcome to the Island!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I suspect they're going to wait until the rainy season is really, finally over, whenever that may be.

It's kinda sad that the road was in better shape during slow season than it is now, but I am sure they'll get it fixed by Easter. It is really in bad shape.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
SURPRISE - SURPRISE - SURPRISE
I saw (heard) the grader going south this afternoon.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Indigo donated a huge pile of rock-dirt-sand to the Town Board for road improvement. In the last few days a grader and some trucks came up and began to move the material around.
It's not enough to fix the whole road to town but certain sections are being improved well. Parts of the Mata Grande road have been filled and we're told that the worst parts by Journey's End are being filled too (I have not yet gone down to check). My understanding is that a portion of this fill will be going to San Mateo as well.

Once again, thanks to the Town Board (Severo Jr in particular on this one) for following up on a promised project.

PS - The trucks are leaving some big ruts in the "beach track" by Spanish Reef and Flying Fisherman - hopefully they will dust up after themselves on the way back south.

The grader just went by going north. hooray

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Misuse of the word 'North' cost you 10 points.
The North road still is still unusable and the grader can't get there.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
It's in pretty good shape again from the bridge to Aji and Lazy Croc now. The grader made several passes today but I imagine it's still in bad shape past Captain Morgans.

And, be forewarned, if you're on foot or bicycle, it is very rocky from Reef Village to the bridge (don't know about the rest as we rode our bikes on the beach the rest of the way). Glad to see it graded, but it's going to take some packing down to become bike- and foot-friendly again!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
R
R
Its a waste of time just grading, the surface needs proper compaction, or it will just fall apart again

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.