Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45796
11/28/01 11:01 AM
11/28/01 11:01 AM
Pensacola, FL
N
Nicki Offline

Nicki  Offline
N
I would not advise having the wedding at Ramon's. I considered this before we went down and Iraida didn't think it was a good idea. It is a very busy area so it wouldn't be very private. We got married at Victoria House and loved it. We were actually staying at Banana Beach, but Iraida arranged for us to be married at Victoria House. We stayed in one of their casitas for our wedding night. A little pricey, but it was so romantic and it was only for one night.

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45797
11/28/01 10:27 PM
11/28/01 10:27 PM
Baton Rouge, La., USA
B
BillandJeanne Offline

BillandJeanne  Offline
B
Hey, I just saw your post, congratulations!
We stayed at and got married on Cayo Espanto. It was beautiful and perfect. We didn't bring anyone so it was just the two of us, one of the employees gave me away.

Iraida is great. And I don't know how much cheaper you can get, to be honest. Take the fact that it is $500 for licensing & minister, pix for about $200, flowers about $75.

Not many brides get married for under $1,000.

Iraida takes care of it all. I didn't make any decisions, I decided to relax (the main ingredient for a perfect AC wedding) and let Iraida take care of it. It was better than I could have imagined it.
I was led through palm trees to my husband, the breeze was blowing my veil around, we could hear the water lapping at our feet. The flowers were gorgeous! It was great.
Have fun!

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45798
11/29/01 08:10 AM
11/29/01 08:10 AM
B
bromista Offline

bromista  Offline
B
Actually the woman arranging my wedding is cheaper than Iradia. The prices I was quoted are as follows:

Minister: $100.00
License: $100.00
Consultancy & Decoration: $100.00
Beach BBQ: $25.00 per person
Tables, chairs, tablecovers: $50.00
Music: $175.00

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45799
11/29/01 07:26 PM
11/29/01 07:26 PM
Red Deer, Alberta,Canada
J
Jackson&Shauna Offline OP

Jackson&Shauna  Offline OP
J
Thanks, BillandJeanne. Congrats to you, too. That sounds like the type of ceremony that we want.

I'm going to email you, Bromista. Those prices look great, and the beach barbeque is a good idea, too. I've emailed the Blue Tang for some info. Are you as excited as we are? What made you choose Belize?

Hi, Nicki. Iraida did send me some info on the Victoria House, but when I asked if there was anywhere that we could spend our wedding night, I'm sure that she told me that the resorts didn't book one night only (maybe that was just Ramon's, I'll talk to her again about it if we decide to go with her). We want to spend it somewhere other than where we have booked for the week, but I got the impression that most places don't do less than 3 night bookings, so we thought we'd try to find a nice cabana or something for our wedding night when we get there if there's something available. Anyhow, thanks for letting me know that it can be done (so there is still hope).

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45800
11/29/01 11:31 PM
11/29/01 11:31 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
If you are going to book the Blue Tang, you need to get the third floor front room on the south side. Trust me.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45801
12/03/01 04:43 PM
12/03/01 04:43 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
B
BelizeWed Offline

BelizeWed  Offline
B
We just got married on Nov. 14th in Belize and had an AMAZING time. I'm planning on posting a trip report soon (just got back to my computer today and am still on Island time!). But I would HIGHLY recommend SUNDIVER BEACH RESORT. They were amazing and the wedding was everything I dreamed of.

Their website, http://www.sundiverbeachresort.com, has some packages that look pretty great. These were posted after our plans were made but Tazmara and Kathryn put together a great package for all of us. DEFINITELY check them out. The resort is out of town but they take the boat in 3 times a day for free which makes it easy to go back and forth.

I'm not sure what kind of wedding you are looking for but if you want it away from town (I saw the Blue Tang when I was there and it is right in town and doesn't have much of a beach in front - just a warning) and a nice beach, excellent service and beautiful accomodations - try out Sundiver. (I kinda sound like one of those "TV Infomercials" here!!!)... Trust me - you'll love it!...

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45802
12/03/01 04:52 PM
12/03/01 04:52 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
B
BelizeWed Offline

BelizeWed  Offline
B
I just checked the site... there are a few pictures of our wedding on there... check it out on:
http://www.sundiverbeachresort.com/plan.html

We are beside the WEDDING Package One ...

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45803
12/03/01 07:46 PM
12/03/01 07:46 PM
Red Deer, Alberta,Canada
J
Jackson&Shauna Offline OP

Jackson&Shauna  Offline OP
J
Thanks, BelizeWedding. Congratulations! SunDiver looks like a really nice place, too, and maybe we'll decide on one of the 5 night packages. Your pics turned out great, too. Looks windy on the island, is it?

My fiance works overseas, so when he gets back in a week or so, we'll have alot to look at now that I have so many more ideas to think about.

Thanks to all!

Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location? #45804
12/04/01 05:23 PM
12/04/01 05:23 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
B
BelizeWed Offline

BelizeWed  Offline
B
It wasn't windy at all...There are only 2 pictures of our wedding on there (the 2 of us and then my wedding party). The picture below isn't of our wedding. I can see what you mean - it does look windy for that wedding. We had REALLY great weather the whole time we were there (3 weeks) and the wedding day turned out to be the best weather yet (Lucky - I know!!!). However, the last few days was pretty windy. Someone told me that a few days before the full moon it gets windy there and that's when we noticed it was windy - Don't know if its true but you might want to plan around the moon!!! (I'm no expert though!)...
We had a little bit of wind (barely noticable) but enough to keep the sandflies away!!!

Good Luck!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 183 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics71,844
Posts482,100
Members19,685
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.