Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Posted below is a copy of the e-mail I sent out to everyone on the e-mail list for North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch. There maybe some of you here who are not on that list and I wanted you to know what I am suggesting. I welcome your feedback.

I wrote the following yesterday and slept on it. I hope this is not offensive to anyone and that we can come together as neighbors.

Dear Neighbors:
If you have been reading www.ambergriscaye.com message board you have witnessed my melt-down. Hopefully I have completely melted and can once again be sane and friendly.

If you have not been following this I want to call your attention to the bull-dozing of what those of us who live here call the cart path while others refer to it as a road.

Activity has taken place north of the bridge to Grand Caribe not only along the main artery but also the lagoon side easement and just today from what was the junction at the Palapa Bar straight through the back yards of other residents.

One longtime resident had their 40 year old Frangipani tree chopped down. I was able to stop the dozer long enough to cut back my red big Flamboyant Tree to stubs and they kindly used the scoop to dig it out of the ground and put it in a new hole. (Of course I crossed their palm.)

No matter what you think I feel that we have important things to discuss as residents. I sincerely mean this; your voice should be heard. We need to work on a long time vision of how we want to live.

Please send me your yeah or nay about coming to a meeting - not your arguments - save those for the face to face - I would suggest some time this weekend. If you bring a seat of some kind we can meet here at Birdland.

If you want to remain anonymous you may send me a private e-mail rather than post back here. [email protected] or call me at 622-9808

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B

I was wondering if the Town Board had actually encroached on private property.

Yes they have encroached as much as 70' in some cases. They are still doing it as we speak.
The clowns have also backhoed or bulldozed away over 100 concrete survey lot markers.

Last edited by belizeonthebeach; 02/27/13 12:01 PM.
S
S
I recently joined to clarify some issues arising. First of all the San Pedro Town Council has jurisdiction over all public roads and we are to maintain and clear such. In keeping with what the mayor said that it is the Council's plans to have the road as far as Mata Chica, work has begun on clearing the road in the Tres Cocos Area. We did send letters to those who had structures or plants on the street side infront of thier area. That resulted in meetings and the planning of what was going on. In some areas we did not send letters as the council was simply doing its job which was street maintenance.

In regards to Birdland and Maya House, there was not going to be any work there as we did not know exactly where the property pegs were and we had to get that established before we worked in that area. Thus I instructed the workers to clear up to a vacant and semi cleared lot beside Birdland.

Work continued down south and it was Birdland and Maya house who put thier workers to clear and remove trees and fences that were in some instances up to 15 feet into the street. When they finished, the workers informed that we could move ahead and clear the area, so the town council workers did so. That is why these two properties did not get a letter of our intention of the work in the area.

I would like to make it know that we are in no way doing this to benefit any developer. We are doing it to benefit the people who live up north and use the road on a daily basis. The council is thankful to Indigo who donated material and we were able to place it in sections of the street to make the road a bit smoother. We are planning on putting material in the low areas like infront of coctal inn, aji and behind belizean coves.

My hope personally, in my term as a member of the town council, is to have the road diverted from the beach side to where it should be and to have the roads, where declared, the appropriate width they should be. Thanks

Severo Guerrero, Deputy Mayor

S
S
IF there is anything that needs further clarification, we are available at the town council, by appointments, and I try to be at the site where the workers are on a daily basis.

PS. We also have jurisdiciton over abandonded and over grown lots and we try to identify were the pegs are before we work. I would like people to get their facts straight before they post.

Severo, very helpful information.

D
D
Now there is a road being plowed on the east side of Birdland on the dead end street. It's going to look a lot different next visit.

L
L
First of all I would like to put my two cents worth in. I purchased land up north and was appalled at the condition of the road last month. And yes, I pay taxes. Three times as much as what the realtor claimed. Shame on him. At least I feel a lot better knowing that the next time I visit the road may be in better condition and my taxes are being put to good use. I know some people are mad that they feel they are being encroached upon but you should be certain of your property boundries. As for the SPTC and Sevro Guerrero I commend them for for the work being done to impove the road. I think it best that the next time before a large project like this they should get the information out to the whole public via newspaper, radio, of whatever means available to let all San Pedreans know what is about to take place. They should be proud of the work being done not only for the Northenders but the Island as a whole.

Originally Posted by doggirl
Now there is a road being plowed on the east side of Birdland on the dead end street. It's going to look a lot different next visit.

I saw them working on that yesterday and wondered what was up. I always thought that was more of a driveway/access road for homes back there and not an official "road" that the SPTB would have jurisdiction over or care about since it is a dead-end. Apparently I was mistaken.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
All "designated roadways & easements" are the town board's responsibilities. And all subdivisions feature designated roadways and easements.

I believe that when you declare/survey a road as part of a subdivision of land you automatically cede said road to GoB.

An exception would be a subdivision established as a stock situation whereby there were no separate titles and the "road" was an internal agreement by owners. I don't know of any such land subdivisions on island.

Am told it is no longer legal to have/create lots that do not have access to a roadway that somehow connects to the eventual trunk road. There will be some interesting discussions about this very point when the trunk road reaches a couple of older subdivisions that oriented all access to the sea.

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.