Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Does anyone rent for more than a week at a time in Ambergriscaye? I was considering finding a rental that I could rent either on a monthly or quarterly basis and what I mean is, I'm thinking of renting a vacation spot for the same month each year or the same 3 months of a year where I could come and go as I please and/or have friends or relatives use it for a week here or there when I'm not using it. I.e. if four families rented a place each for three months there would only be four people using the place.
Has anyone done anything like this or do you think it's a good idea?

S
S
Yours is a creative idea and might be feasible for the right property / owners, and especially during low season (more availability). It would also be helpful if you included more details such as "Private Home or condo", "North/ South/ Intown", Beachfront, ect?

One factor to consider is a "long term rental agreement", as my understanding is that any rental agreement less than 6 month would be considered vacation rental and subject to BTB fees.

There are several property rental companies / individuals represented on this board that can probably add to this and assist you further. Good luck partytime smile

Last edited by SnoopysMom; 02/27/13 06:40 PM. Reason: clarification
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the input! It's just an idea I'm throwing around in my head. Longer term rentals would allow me to settle in instead of living out of a suitcase (so to speak). It could also be set up as a condo owned by four (or more) families so it's not actually renting, it would be owned by the four families. I think they call it fraction ownership or some term meaning the same thing.
It would be interesting to see how many people would be interested in sharing a condo? Fully furnished with linen service of course. It would definately bring the cost of ownership way down.
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts???

Thanks SnoopysMom :-)

J
J
Last I knew Sueno Del Mar had exactly that - 3 month fractional ownership. It's a lovely spot about 10 miles north of the bridge. You might want to check to see what they're doing now.

I have a couple of friends who each bought 2 months - March and April. From what they told me this seemed like a good idea - until all the preferred months were gone. Then the developer was stuck with unsold units during the off season.

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 03/01/13 11:53 PM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the input! It's a good point about the off season, maybe the cost of ownership will be less then. I'll have to see what's available.

Thank you!!! :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.