Print Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459089
02/27/13 05:59 PM
02/27/13 05:59 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
Servero – Thank you for posting. There is a major error in your report about Birdland and the Maya House. You were correct in stating that we were not notified or consulted. However, when a bull-dozer is headed for my wall it sure looks to me like they intend to take it out. My caretaker RUSHED to San Mateo to get some workers to save my personal property. It cost me a lot in labor that day and the next couple of days to reconstruct my wall.

By the time I got through to your very busy phone line the work had already begun. Your office told me you were not coming any further than the lot south of me. When my guys got my stuff out of the way they did not consult me, nor did your office. I feel very fortunate that I was able to salvage what I did.

The Maya House is a totally different story since the owners are not here. Again, my caretaker takes care of their property and used his head and cleared away the front. I will not go any further as it is not my property. This morning I received a very interesting e-mail from the man who built the house. I have not heard from the present owners.

I think it was two days ago when I heard the bull-dozer between me and the beach. The neighbors back there were not home and precious palm trees were up-rooted and tossed. A row of fruiting Natal Plums were simply driven over. The vacant lot at the end on the road (#14A) has had over half of its vegetation removed along with a lot of soil. Again – my caretaker takes care of the three lots belonging to the owners who do not live here. I have not had the heart to report this to them yet.

When I talked to you what you repeatedly said is what you posted; “We have the right to . . . “ and you use the word ‘road’. That is something that will be investigated as none of us are aware of the signing of the statutory instrument designating this as a road. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE IT THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

When I asked how the town could justify spending money up here when the roads in town are in deplorable condition and people have been begging for help for years your response was “We are working on those right now.”

I talked my worker who lives down there and he told me that he has seen the stuff being removed from up here being put down there to fix the roads. WHY COULD THE PUBLIC NOT BEEN INFORMED OF THIS? We might have even been supportive. BTW – this was not taken to San Mateo which is a part of the north island.

Now I have learned that what you have removed from Lot # 14A has been taken north for fill. Lot 14A is private property!

Politicians of every color in this country talk about transparency. Do you not understand what that means? Do you not hear that our anger is about being disrespected? Do you not understand that even though some of us are not yet able to vote that we hire lots and lots of workers who do?

Again – Thank you for coming forward here. It would have been so nice if you had come before the bull-dozers.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: ScubaLdy] #459090
02/27/13 06:26 PM
02/27/13 06:26 PM
Greenville, SC USA
L
larrypied Offline
larrypied  Offline
L
Ooooh, I think Scubalady has some real gas in her tank today. But I do agree with her. It would have been much appreciated to know of the SPTC plans for this roadwork well before it was started. Heck, I would have paid to move some of the trees if I could have them!

Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: ScubaLdy] #459091
02/27/13 06:27 PM
02/27/13 06:27 PM
San Pedro. Belize
Tracker Offline
Tracker  Offline
No material that has been collected from this area has crossed the bridge, it is being used to widen the Northern road in areas where it is to narrow, at this moment, now that it is dry, the roads in town are all passable, there are some roads in the Escalante area and the road South that need grading, but the grader is being repaired, hopefully it will be running soon.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: Tracker] #459094
02/27/13 06:51 PM
02/27/13 06:51 PM
Wandering the USA
BeBelize Offline
BeBelize  Offline
I saw lots of tree trunk/root balls just north of Keith Newton's home and across from Lazy Croc yesterday. I guess they're going to mash that down or grind it up to use as fill to widen the road there based on what Tracker is saying.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459153
02/28/13 11:06 AM
02/28/13 11:06 AM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
Tracker - You may be right about no material brought south across the bridge. I only know what I was told by someone who lives on the south side of the bridge.

Larry - yes, a lot of trees could have been saved. Some precious palms that were grown from scratch and injected so that they would not get diseased were 'tossed.' The owner - who was out of the country - would have had his men move them.

A row of flowering - ready to set fruit - Natal Plums were simply run over. These were due to be thinned and some moved to other properties.

Some one said "Robert can grow anything - just give it six months or a year and it will all grow back." WHY?

Harriette
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: ScubaLdy] #459154
02/28/13 11:31 AM
02/28/13 11:31 AM
wisconsin
K
krehfish Offline
krehfish  Offline
K
Thanx Harriette. I now know I'm a "transit", whatever that means.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459156
02/28/13 12:03 PM
02/28/13 12:03 PM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
The roadways at Grand Belize estates are all public roadways. The land is on the Registered Index Mapping System (RIMS) therefore designated roadways are in the subdivision and are available for public use.

Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459158
02/28/13 01:32 PM
02/28/13 01:32 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
Kerfish - Did I say that? LOL Another clerical error - and I am the clerk.

Harriette
Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459160
02/28/13 02:14 PM
02/28/13 02:14 PM
San Pedro Town
B
belizeonthebeach Offline
belizeonthebeach  Offline
B
Deeded Public Roadways does not a GOB roadway make. There are $100k's of survey. Sessions of voting in Belmopan, Gazzetting, and more before the 'road' is a Road.
I found out the hard way by being involved in an accident north of the bridge.
I think you will be surprised to find out who owns and does not own this elaborate system of ROW's.
I have tried to explain all this before and am tired of it.

Re: Road Grading North Of The Bridge [Re: cayemaster] #459177
02/28/13 09:46 PM
02/28/13 09:46 PM
M
Maya House Offline
Maya House  Offline
M
Just the kind if information I've been looking for, belizeonthebeach. Thanks so much for posting it again. I'll do a search on your name and see if I can find the original topic/post. Lisa

Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 133 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,114
Posts487,515
Members19,862
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.