Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JGoode Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am new to AC and will be visiting next week. I have read somewhere on the message boards (of course I can not find it again!)that one can reach AC by boat for approximately $12 instead of flying. My question is, do I need to have advance reservations or can we have access to boat transportation upon arrival? Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Janice

There are several ferries (actually most are just fast open boats with twin outboards). Whether you can make it depends on your flight arrival time. The last boats go to San Pedro around 3.

I personally think the Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association boats are the best. They are wel organized and leave from the Marine Terminal, which is a safe place to wait, and there's a waiting room and a couple of museums in the building to visit while you wait.

While you can make reservations by phone for the ferries/water taxis, as a practical matter it is more first-come, first-serve.

Fares are US$12.50 one-way. Plus you'll need to take a taxi into town, which is US$17.50 (for the taxi, not per person). Tell the driver you want to go to the Marine Terminal at the Swing Bridge.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
J
JGoode Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Lan, thanks for the prompt response. You have answered my questions. Since we will be arriving after 3PM we will take the flight to AC. On our return to Belize City we will definitely try the water taxi. Once again, thank you.
Janice

The Thunderbolt folks just got a brand new boat. Give them an email, their website is: //AmbergrisCaye.com/thunderbolt/

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,043
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.