Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CCReed Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Howdy--

On our way down from Cancun, the bus from Nuevo Mercado in Chetumal to Corozal Town stopped at the border, waited for us to clear customs, and we continued on, no problem. (Except for getting nicked by the Mexican gringo tax...grr.)

But on our return trip, we stop at the border, clear Mexican customs, and look around--no bus! Nothing but bewildered gringos exiting the aduana, looking around for their ride. An English lady evidently had been through this before, telling the driver--I'm talkin about you, Javier--"Don't dump me at the border!"

It's easy enough to get a bus or combi on the Mexican side, but we thought we were on the bus from Belize City to Chetumal, not '10 klicks from Chetumal'. You'd think the conductress--I'm talkin about you, Priscilla--would have said something when we paid fares to Chetumal.

For convenience I've provided possible explanations in this by-no-means exhaustive list: Feel free to choose and/or clarify.
(a) Bienvenidos a Mexico, duude! Adios Belize. Don't let the screen door smack you in the butt on your way out.
(b) Man, your thinking is WAY too gringo for this part of the world, stay home.
(c) No bus, no problem.
(d) It's a long drive from BC, it's getting late, the crew wants to get this bus back to the depot and have dinner. See (C).
(e) You didn't fly? You sure you are a gringo??
(f) Whadda want? Complain to the Minister of Tourism? Javier and Priscilla are his cuzzins.

Guess it's all part of that 'laid back charm', eh.
Cheers--
--CR

J
J

Has anybody ever visited Sarteneja?? If so how is the fishing? Looking for some catch, photo and release fishing like Caye Caulker. On the way back home from Caye Caulker to Cancun via Playa del Carmen I was thinking of making a stop in Sarteneja this coming Septmmber. I will be in CC nest week and will make some inquires.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

I'm not an angler, but I've visited Sarteneja many times. It's mainly a fishing village (one of the few left in Belize) so I assume the fishing around or at least within boating distance from there is fairly good. Neither Caulker nor San Pedro have been fishing villages in decades. Sarteneja is a wonderful little village. Not much to do and relatively few places to stay and eat, but it's still the real Belize.

--Lan Sluder

S
S
"but it's still the real Belize."

Very true Lan.

J
J

Thanks...sounds like what I'm looking for.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.