Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Road Widening Campaign from Costa Maya Reef Resort in the Mexico Rocks Sub-Division to the South End of Ambergris Caye in the Boca Ciega Area.

Ten photos here

[Linked Image]

THANK YOU TOWN COUNCIL - It is nice to know AHEAD OF TIME what is happening.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
[Linked Image]
North of Journeys End someone has decided to make the beach the road. They aren't using the surveyed road. I can only speculate its cheaper because the surveyed road is low land needing fill.
As they widen the Beach road their taking out the front of some folks beach fount lots. I doubt the owners know about this.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Originally Posted by elbert

North of Journeys End someone has decided to make the beach the road. They aren't using the surveyed road. I can only speculate its cheaper because the surveyed road is low land needing fill.
As they widen the Beach road their taking out the front of some folks beach fount lots. I doubt the owners know about this.

We rode our bikes up there last week after they'd made a pass through there, and I thought it looked awful. They removed all the natural vegetation from the beach, which can only increase erosion in the future, and one has to wonder how the "road" there will be when there is an extreme high tide or tropical storm. I was very surprised they chose to use the beach as a road in that section. Just wait until big construction vehicles start driving on it....

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
THANK YOU TOWN COUNCIL - It is nice to know AHEAD OF TIME what is happening.

But these photos were taken after the fact...

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
P
P
Anyone know a time traveller that can take photos before an event?

L
L
what is wrong with them? are they crazy? people dont want a traveled
road on the beach! can they be stopped?

Its just a bad call that the surveyed road track will be expensive to fix because its low land that needs some expensive fill so the easy quick and cheap way is to use the beach. This is a very bad call and sets a scary precedents because as the road continues North more beach road alternative will be used and widened as they reach more low land surveyed for the official road and residents I'm sure will be hopping mad. Gona be a big mess if they don't spring for some fill.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Interesting considering the Deputy Mayor is a Honcho with Green Reef and a self professed environmental advocate...

I take back my thank you.
Of course the absentee owners do not know what is happening.
I have tried acting on behalf of three of my neighbors down here and just keep getting insulted.
The town councilor who is doing this project will only play his broken record: "We have a right to - - - - do dah!"

Come on you guys - rally - The bulldozers are coming!

Can anyone tell me if the statutory instrument declaring this a road has been signed or if it is all still only 'BEL easement'?

Ask Mr. Broken Record who is going to maintain this.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.