Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
potis Offline OP
OP Offline
P
We are looking at booking flights from California to Belize for a trip in April. Most of the itineraries we look at have us connecting flights in Houston, TX, which is fine. Our concern is that most schedules only give us one hour between flights. We have never been though Houston's airport. Is one hour (assuming our flights are on time) enough time to transfer planes, esp. with current world events? I am assumming that we clear customs in Belize when going down, and in Houston when coming back to the US. Is this also correct?

Hey what are you worried about, I only have 34 minutes in Houston to change planes with Continental, but my arrival and departure is in the same Terminal "B". Continental preassigns your seat, so just go to the gate.
If your arrival and departure is with the same airline, you will not have a problem, because you will be inside the security check points, unless you try to go outside to smoke a cigarette.
Correct clear customs into Belize and again back into USA, remember stay behind the line on the floor. LOL

Dare To Deviate
Depending on the distance between your arrival and departure gates in Houston, it's doable at either a leisurely or fast pace.

And yes, you'll go through Customs and Immigration when you arrive in Belize and Houston on the return.

K
K
I have done it 5 times (in both directions) with CO through Newark and Houston with very tied connections and I have never lost my luggages, never missed a connection and when I landed in Belize City a couple of weeks ago, I got out of the plane, through customs and to Tropic Air counter in about 20 minutes...

L
L
I just went to AC in May and had an hour between flights. No problem and the departure gate was far from my arrival gate. You will have plenty of time and will probably have to wait.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.