Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
Change will only come through the united voices of many. The amount that do speak up is obviously not enough to make an impact. Police brutality is a serious and complex issue but I'm seeing simple issues like demanding the children's swings at the park to be fixed. The natives just leave their kids to play in the dirt instead of gathering and demanding something be done. If they can't demand such small changes, serious complex issues will never be corrected. I've learned over the years that the complacency here is deafening. Sure there are a few exceptions but the majority just live with the status quo.

To be silent in the face of injustice is to be an accomplice to evil
It's been a while since the incident and since he came out of the coma. Is there any news on Ras Creek? How is he doing?

D
D
The swings were donated, I think by Chocolate and Annie.
They are not a gov. thing. Those who wish them repaired need to repair them.

T
T
Dane I was not referring to the CC swings. SP ones on govt property therefore up to them to repair. Regardless complacency exists.

D
D
For sure on the complacency problem.
We get confused on the CC board when someone from San Pedro talks about specific problems over there. Sorry.

T
T
Understandable. Many of the above comments were referring to SP tourism police, Belize and the police state as a whole thus my comments about Belize and not just specifically CC. The swings are just a minor example but there are more that can be used for CC, SP and the mainland.

T
t42 Offline
T
Why don't you get out there and fix the swings yourself. This is exactly the Belize mentality someone else's problem. It is all over the country the different villages etc. are soo under funded there is just not the man power or finances for maintenance in a lot of things. Where I am the drains get clogged in heavy rains and very few people actaully get a shovel out and for an hour clear in front of their place to allow run off. How can I blame the GOB or village councils when property taxes are such a pittance but mention raising property tax and rass...lol

N
N
This Fall a bunch of volunteers got together and repaired and painted the children's playground on Caye Caulker. It looked great when they were done! During that same weekend a bunch of volunteers picked up trash up and down the shoreline.

H
H
Why not use the prison population for repairs and maintenence? I have to believe those folks would like the time out, and the community would be improved. Nothing that would compete with private contractors, but picking up trash and filling pot holes would help.

R
R
Totally agree You see a lot of inmates in the USA picking trash and keeping the verges clean and clear , add potholes to that chore here, They get exercise , we get a nicer safe countryside

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day