Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
What do you think AC will be like in 5-10 years?

Great question!

C
C
I think the last 5 to 10 years were a dramatic change. It went from a sleepy sandy street village, to a very busy paved road town. I dont think the next 10 yrs will see that kind of growth. More and more folks are becoming unhappy with the fast pace and high prices on A.C. I think Caye Caulker will be next. Our business is on front street on Caye Caulker, right near Remax, and the intersted buyers are a daily thing, also seems alot of business owners and residents of San Pedro are checking things out here daily. Homeowners on the north island say the sound of construction goes on daily. So guess we will have paved roads to look forward to, and the cost of living going up. Guess I will have to leave soon. Then Panama and Nicauagua (sp?} and other destinations hold interest to alot of people.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
T
T
If the population rate continues but the infrustructure does not catch up and the mentality of the people does not change to respect the land AC will become La Isla Basura instead of Bonita.

To be silent in the face of injustice is to be an accomplice to evil
M
M
It will probably be more efficient in that less wattage will be necessary for keeping the same amount of cubic feet of indoor air cool. On the other hand, the price of electricity may continue to rise, so it may cost the same to keep your condo comfortable.

R
R
The town itself cant take to many more people so im sure we will see expansion both north and south with infrastructure to go with it . Maybe a bridge at the north to Mexico ? Hope not

I think San Pedro will sink and we will all be beach front. LOL

Last edited by Inplub; 04/11/13 12:10 PM.
It will be different - but I suspect it will be lovely still.
IMHO, probably less change in the next 5-10 years than the past 10.
We've been through a huge shift and I think we're now seeing infrastructure begin to catch up.

C
C
Lovely? Its not that now..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
P
P
^lol. Thank God you chose Caye Caulker and we don't have to put up with you - other than the odd drivel on here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.