Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#462474 04/16/13 05:24 AM
OP Offline
To our friends, neighbors and others who were affected by the Boston tragedy yesterday - my heart goes out to you in every way possible.
Words fail at this time, but know you're being loved from afar by so many.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them all. cry frown

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
R
R
Just heard again from my son when we landed in Houston. He was 10 minutes away from meeting his girlfriend and some of her friends when one of the bombs went off near her. She is now in Beth Israel Hospital and going into surgery in about an hour. She has injuries to both her legs but they think she will be ok. He described it as reconstructive surgery.

Unfortunately for the boy (middle to late 20's) standing next to her, he did not do well. He lost both his legs.

I told his mother last night that he didn't sound well when I called him and I now know why. I've never met his girlfriend but our prayers are with her and the other boy as well as all those who were injured yesterday. So needless.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
R
R
So glad for you and him so sad for his friends It really brings it home when tragedy comes so close to ones own

Jim, so sorry to hear about this, best wishes to all.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
OMG - please tell them we are with them .....

R
R
Thank you all. We are in Florida now and won't go home until next month. My son tells me that his girl friend will get another skin graft in about a week, I think he said.

She is lucky considering and they think she may be able to walk in 6 to 9 months. Many others including the boy standing next to her are not so lucky and my heart goes out to them. Even though my son has only been dating the girl for about a month he feels very bad and also very fortunate that he missed a bus or he would have been there with her. He is helping her family by staying at the hospital at night with her while she is going through this. His mother is very happy that he is supporting her and her family at this trying time. He is a good kid and when I was sick last winter he or his sister stayed with me every night at the hospital until my wife could make it back and that really makes a difference. Life is fragile and events like this demonstrate just how fragile.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
R
R
Hi Rag, Congrats on having a great son Hope this brings them together in a truly life bonding way, Theres nothing like the love of someone when your truly suffering God knows why you want to go to Fla , but enjoy your stay

S
S
Hi Jim
Just heard about your son's girlfriend and his own close call in Boston... Our heart goes out to he and his friends - everyone affected by this truly senseless act!
HUGS smile

OP Offline
Rest up, Boston.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.