Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#463281 04/28/13 03:42 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi,

Another question, how do most expats get medical insurance in Belize? What are the cost of medical insurance?

What is the standard of care, for example, would you trust going for yearly medicals there etc?

Is there any private medical insurance per se that should something serious arise, allows you to get medical care outside of Belize?

Thank you

Peter

discussed a multitude of times. The "search" feature above on the ribbon directly below the pic will be invaluable. Here's one to get you started: //ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/463241/Re_Health_Insurance_for_Expats.html#Post463241

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
OP Offline
M
Will Do, Thanks.

Basically, I want to price out basic coverage and coverage for the big stuff if it comes along.

Peter

P
P
Then you should be asking who the providers are so you can contact them for a quote. If you're 70 had cancer and smoke two packs a day you're going to pay more than an 22 yr old Olympic Athlete. Exaggeration but you get my drift.

We use RF&G.

M
OP Offline
M
How is the standard of care there? Are you confident in the Doctors, equipment etc?

I understand that I would need to speak with the providers, I was more interested in people's experience with their providers.

I want to ensure we can have coverage for things like, Prescriptions, Annual Medicals and out of country care if needed.

Thank you for your help. I will check the providers out.

Peter

P
P
One of the important decisions and acceptances of moving here is that if you require immediate Emergency life saving care that requires more than just a Doctor but an ER, we don't have it. The airlines are excellent at getting emergency airlifts out but at night it takes several hours finding Doctors, getting an aircraft and pilot, getting Intl. airport open to allow a night flight, ambulance at the other end etc. The Doctors we have are great but seriously under equipped and there's no Hospital, just a Poly Clinic that's open during the day and is seriously under equipped. It's probably one of the few things that have regressed in our time here as before the British Army would in extreme cases carry out Helicopter airlifts that are much faster.

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, that helps Phil.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.