Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

On Saturday evening, April 27th at approximately 8PM Jet's Bar, located at Belize's Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport was destroyed by what appears to be an electrical fire.

Anyone who has traveled through Belize's international airport is most likely familiar with the legendary bar. The half-pint gravel-voiced Mr. Jet is always there to greet you, squeeze the girls and quench your thirst with a rum punch or ice cold Belikin while awaiting your flight. The bar had all of the charm of local watering-holes in Belize, with a few bar stools, walls papered with old photos, posters, memorabilia and of course plenty of bar-room banter. Reports are that no one was harmed in the fire and that Mr. Jet intends to rebuild the bar as soon as possible.

Click here to see more pictures in the San Pedro Sun

frown

S
S
Say it isn't so!!!

A
A
Noooooooo!!!!

He is probably borrowing a beverage cart & going from person to person in the waiting area??

This is sad. bcb, I agree - Jet may very well push a cart around until the bar is rebuilt. He's come and found me in the waiting area to deliver me a glass of "the best rum punch in Belize" in the past. Guess I will postpone my visit until he rebuilds. It wouldn't be right to not start out the visit with a few drinks from Jet's while waiting for the "the plane"!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
DARN. Sorry for what this will do to Jet's bottom line - hopefully his spirit is intact.
He's a real icon and it's a cool bar. I even like the hot-dogs.
Jet's collection of police patches from around the world is going to be hard to replicate!

S
S
We were talking about this tonight at BC's; the loss of memorabilia including the police, fire and military badges, pictures of celebrities and influential people are irreplaceable. I realize that money is important for rebuilding but an address for sending replacement memorabilia is incredibly important as well.

Any update yet?

G
G
We just went through this morning . Jet has a table and some coolers set up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.