Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#464051 05/11/13 04:23 AM
S
SevenCs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sorry for posting here for Southern Belize. I have been trying to register on the Belizeforuns.com site, but the verification emails never come through. I have emailed both the forum support and NaturalLight Productions about this but have had no response so I am not sure they are getting my emails.

We are a family planning on relocating to the Toledo District and have a lot of questions starting with driving from the US to Belize in our van towing a small utility trailer (Costco special with an enclosed wood box that we built). We are hoping to find a longer term rental near PG sometime around the first of July but our schedule is not firm yet.
Any information that we can get ahead of time will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows how to contact the folks running the belizeforum.com site to let them know we are trying to register there, that would be great if you could drop them a note about it.
Thanks in advance.

SevenCs #464091 05/11/13 12:09 PM
Just a quick note until you get squared away with the Belize Forum folks.

You might need to get a permit to bring (the wood box you built on the trailer) into the country.

John P on that board has excellent driving through MX instructions.

You should have no problems finding a rental there once your plans are firmer.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
S
SevenCs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Wizardofaahs,

Thanks for this information. How would we get a permit to bring the wood box trailer into the country and what are the requirements for that? I only just read something about getting approval for anything wood being brought into the country.
Very much appreciate the heads up on that. It would be a bummer to get there and not be allowed to bring the trailer in!
Do you know of another active forum that would be useful for Punta Gorda or anything? I still have not heard from anyone on the other forum, but being the weekend, they may not get an email until next week I would guess.
Thanks!

SevenCs #464154 05/12/13 11:50 AM
I just received notice that you have been cleared for the Beluze Forums. Use the search box to find previous threads with the information you seek. Ignore the snarky ones - just a heads up. Have fun and Welcome to Belize!

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
SevenCs #464327 05/14/13 09:49 AM
R
R
You can advertize your needs on the the Facebook page Punta Gorda classifieds. Also e-mail [email protected] to find out about long term rental accommodation.

S
SevenCs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Wizardofaahs - I appreciate it. I just sent a message of thanks to BarnacleBill also.
No problem on the snarky ones - forums are forums....

S
SevenCs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by robbelize
You can advertize your needs on the the Facebook page Punta Gorda classifieds. Also e-mail [email protected] to find out about long term rental accommodation.

robbelize - thanks for the info. We don't have a Facebook account. No interest in that. I will continue my search.
Thanks for the info though - I appreciate it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.