Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

For those of you who might not know, Caye Chapel is a par-72 golf course is the only full size golf course in Belize. It's location is 16 miles north-northeast of Belize City and 3 miles south of Caye Caulker. The island itself is is 265 acres, or 2 miles long and 1/2 mile wide with the entire eastern shoreline being sandy beach and the western side is the golf course.

Caye Chapel resort is officially closed but the golf course is open. A full day of golf including rental clubs, cart and all the golf you can play on your own private island course, as well as coolers and ice $150 bzd and must be paid in cash. Advance notice is required to play there. If you want to know more about golfing in Belize, want a Maya Island Air flight discount to the island or to connect with Evan, email me at tacogirl belize[at]gmail.com.

Our 6 minute flight from Ambergris Caye to Caye Chapel went very smoothy. We flew on the east of Caye Caulker which I have never done before, and it put me on the right side of the plane for taking island air shots

As the plane landed the first thing I noticed was now nice and wide the runway was. I was later told by a few people that is the best runway in Belize and I have to agree. The plane kept going till the end of the runway then turned off to the right parking area where Evan was waiting meet us with golf carts.

After our rock star experience of pulling into the parking lot with the plane. we hopped on our carts and headed towards the club house which was stunning inside. While Evan went to go pick up Phil and Marie who were taking the Caye Caulker Water Taxi, we lounged, explored and enjoyed our magnificent surroundings. It was not long before they returned. Evan got the golfers briefed and we all signed in, for those of us not golfing it cost $50 to spend the day on the island and it was worth every penny.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in Tacogirl's Blog

I love the crocodile-waiver you sign before you can play a round of golf!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.