Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
canuck1 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am interested in any info Locals can give me about Site Surveys, how long they take to get done, get verified with land title, where or who to call to get one done. We have an offer on a lot and it seems to be taking forever to get this. Was wondering if I should just get someone private to do it and get this task complete. It is holding up the deal. Apparently one was ordered over a year ago, and results are still waiting.(by owner)...and then another was ordered about 4 months ago by real estate agent. still waiting. Any thoughts or info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Call Kenneth Gillett in Belize City.

canuck1 Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you.

S
S
We have been waiting over a year on two that Kenneth Gillet did. He is the busiest one in Belize. Another surveyor came by my office and left a card. PM me and I'll give you that info (have to dig up the card first!).

C
C
John Hertular was recommended to me. His phone number is 605-9922.

T
T
Kenneth Gillett is the best , and has the certification. Try him again, maybe there was a communication problem. He could get this done in a week or so, and give you a certified copy.
If you p. m. Me I will find it and post it,a surveyor is important as your lawyer !

Don't get just anyone,over the years we have seen foolish mistakes. He will draw you a plan and everything ,we caught him at a good time and it was only 2 weeks from beginning to end. (30 years expierance )
Good Luck

Like everything else,don't pay until the job is done and the job isn't done until its registered and you have the registration receipt.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
Gillette is the only guy I have been fully happy with in thirty two years and hundreds of surveys on Caye Caulker.

C
C
Real Estate agents here probably used Alberto Villanueva, going through a real estate agent is a waste of time as if you can find out who they have do closings and titles you dont need an agent. We have been waiting for ours for 5 months. Suppose to be ready and we did not or would not ever pay up front on something like this. Not sure if we are talking the same thing here. All properties on Caye Caulker have to redo their Land Certificate. You cant sell your property without it. No One actually looks or surveys your land for it. Its been done throughout the country.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
D
D
I have those First registrations done by Margaret Nunez at Musa and Balderamos, as well as other title work.
She has done sixty of them for me at reasonable rates and very professional.
It involves her office doing a title search, publishing the info in the Gazette for six weeks,and then a filing. Everything is done in house, which reduces both cost and delays. Takes about two months.
Oxford trained lawyers at her firm do not charge everything in advance like some less reputable persons. They charge you for the work completed on your behalf if you come to them with a reference.
You may tell them Dane Dingerson referred you
Hold ups and delays are usual in dealing with GOB.
When you work with Margaret there is always a good reason for delays, and you can trust she is working on it.
Her office includes the former Prime Minister, and other VIPs.
Those kind of connections are gold in Belize.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day