Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
bobcat bill #465361 05/28/13 05:56 AM
R
R
You know I have never thought of Memorial Day as a Black and White thing. I served with a good number of Blacks and all of us are brothers with never a thought of race. The armed services are one place that is race neutral, at least in modern times.

Why someone would chose to bring this up and to send people to a partisan political site is a little troublesome. I guess the Progresses, if you are one, just can't miss a chance to divide Americans. In a few minutes of reading on that site I see several issues where they are trying to do just that on several issues and it is sad that now Memorial Day would be used in such a fashion. A MoveOn.Org site is not where you should go for information on Memorial Day. Want the real deal, talk to Ernie, Mike and the other veterans who message on this site. All of us who have different political ideas but stand united on this issue.

Personally I do not care just how Memorial Day got started. I'll think of it as a day to remember all of men and women who serve and served in the Armed Forces and I think most veterans will remember it the same way. Maybe we should "move on" from past injustices that do not now exist and accept the day for what it is.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
bobcat bill #465378 05/28/13 01:02 PM
The actual picture and article came from a .gov website. Move on just did the research and published for a wider audience.

Not a racist or race biased thing at all. Truly was honoring the dead who fought for their freedom. I get it.

My father was a WWII veteran and many in my family are military. No disrespect.

And, not really promoting anything else on the move on.org website. If you choose to read more, then that's your choice.

The meaning of fighting for our freedom and honoring the dead really becomes more clear, in my mind.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Wizardofaahs #465381 05/28/13 02:23 PM
"and published for a wider audience."
not needed for this thread, take to crap!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Rykat #465384 05/28/13 04:09 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Rykat
"and published for a wider audience."
not needed for this thread, take to crap!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Leave it to a complete dittohead to decide what's appropriate on this thread. Any under educated idiot knows that there are 50 stories about the origins of Memorial Day......to take offense to one, then to assume the ability to determine the veracity or motive just shows how shallow your argument is.

The best part is Memorial Day wasn't even a holiday until 1971....but you already know that didn't you.

Take a nap in the afternoon....you need it grin

clover #465395 05/28/13 07:11 PM
E
E
I just loved afternoon naps. Just the other day, I napped thru Happy Hour,that really pi**me off. No more naps !

bobcat bill #465397 05/28/13 07:28 PM
OP Offline
Time for my long cat nap-later

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.