Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#468012 07/12/13 05:02 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
BHC Ashworth confirmed the British Forces' intent to resume their operations at the level they used to before they downsized.

Here's how he described the timeline.

H.E. Pat Ashworth, British High Commissioner
"I had the great pleasure of accompanying the Prime Minister back in the UK about two weeks ago now, and one of the calls he made was on the Minister of the arm forces in UK. It was very positive about the future of BATSUB and how we hope to build it up again in about eighteen months time when we draw down our forces from Afghanistan. So, it's very probable that we may ask to borrow some of your sometime in the future general but I anticipate that BATSUB in eighteen months to two years will be flying once more again or perhaps I shouldn't say flying, because maybe it makes people think about twenty five flight in the helicopters. So, I really am pleased to do this; we've had an excellent relationship with the BDF, we've done a lot of training; I know that the BATSUB being here in numbers. We have something to look forward to in the future but right here now it really just gives us great pleasure to do this, demonstrating once again, that BATSUB, the British government, the British High Commission does indeed stand shoulder to shoulder with the BDF."

Channel 7

The amount of additional jobs and income for the country will be immense. This is great news.

N
N
How interesting! Look forward to hearing Jim's take on this too! Good news!

E
E
What is BATSUB ?

S
S

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.