Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#468140 07/14/13 04:04 PM
OP Offline
I just wanted to take the time to say hello from the "red earth" state of Oklahoma. I am a teacher at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf where I teach 7 & 8 grade science and math. I have two daughters. One will be a senior in high school and my youngest will be entering 7th grade. We are all "hearing" though not Deaf. I'm just bilingual, if I had paid more attention in the 4 yrs of Spanish classes I took I would be trilingual.
I have 15 more long years until I can retire. By then both of my daughters should be living life on their own and out of the "nest". It has been my life dream to retire to a tropical beach area. I was quite surprised recently when my husband said he wanted the same. We currently live life on a 150 acre cattle ranch. The land has been my husband's family for generations. My husband owns and operates a heavy equipment construction company. He assures me he could obtain a job anywhere in the world being able to run all that equipment. Must be nice to get paid to play in the dirt.
So anyway, I joined this site to learn as much as possible and have that "Cinderella " dream of moving to Belize always on my mind.
Jenn

Ah THE DREAM! "Hold on tight" Oklajenn! And welcome to a wonderful place. The people are great and the sights are beautiful. Start planning your first trip NOW!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
I plan on doing more research and saving of the ol' $$. I WILL make it a priority to get my passport by Christmas. I would love to spend the month of June 2014 down there. Being a teacher in the states has its advantages of summers off.;)
I would love to help out or even work at the school there for the special needs and deaf children. My background in first aide could come in handy as well.
I have so many questions on how to make this all happen. My mind is spinning. But hey, I have 15 years to get there. Unless I decide to bail out of public education here in Oklahoma. I can tell you there are many times when burnout gets the best of me.
For those of you interested here is a link to the National Park in the town in which I live.
http://www.nps.gov/chic/index.htm

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.