Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46821 01/07/02 12:36 PM
T
tammyd Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We are traveling to Belize in March (the 15th) and are spending 4 days in the jungle at Jaguar paw. Do we need to be concerned about snakes. Then we are spending 4 days in the cayes. My husband is looking to deep sea fish and reef fish. Can anyone recommend who to contact. Hopefully someone reasonably priced. We are staying in a condo in the cayes. Any other info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

#46822 01/07/02 09:22 PM
Hey guys,

Contact Hillyboo @ Freedom Tours, he is personal, and you go by yourselves... You can reach him when you get to the islands at 011501149515. This is from the states.. Thanks, Rick

#46823 01/08/02 09:45 AM
Hillyboo is great, here's a lil other info...

the best fishing info is at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/fishing/

There are prices, what to fish with, what to catch, lotsa good info there.

There there are also local folks who guide, who are not listed on the link above, and I will list a few of them...

The Guerrero brothers I've spent time with and know they have an environmental attitude. They give value while still leaving some fish for others. Everyone raves about their beach BBQ. Severo and his brother, Ramon Guerrero. Either one can give you a great day of fishing. Call Severo from the US @ 011 501 26 2324. Call Ramon @ 011 501 26 2325. They have been doing honest, reef friendly fishing for many years. They can also take you and your family on a full-day fish/snorkel trip for $150US...one of the best bargains on the island when you figure in the beach BBQ w/ your catch. You won't find a better value in San Pedro. Price is for the boat for the day, I think up to 4 people. The Guerrero brothers live next door to each other. If one is booked, ask for the other one. Good luck! Remember, take some and leave some.

Some don't advise you about catch and release. Some will let you fish all day without regard to limit (although there is none, common sense should take over). Some charge too much for too little.

Omar Arceo, does a heck of a job. Gilberto or Tomas arranged by Amigo's de Mar...

Luis Caliz at 011-501-26-5025, great guide and fisherman.

Nesto Gomez { a very good guide}-- one of the best tarpon and bonefish flyfisherman! He works out of El Pescador.

For flat fishing call Eloy Gonzalez at 026-2337

Pedro (Pete) Graniel. First rate equipment, including boats, and does both offshore, reef and inshore (tarpon, etc.) Keeps his boat just south of town. Ask anyone how to contact him. He's well known.

A friend went with a guy named Vince Dawson, and their bonefishing and reef fishing experience was "legendary", according to them. We saved enough for a barbecue the next day (grouper and snapper) and it was possibly the best tasting fish we had ever experienced. Apparently they made contact with him thru Rubys.

#46824 01/08/02 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
tammy d!!!!

i see you are in ivyland. i am 5 minutes from you, at 611 & almshouse. my backyard is in warrington, my door in doylestown twshp. that is really funny. my husband passes you each morning to catch the train at warminster station!

this is your first trip to SP? i have been twice.

#46825 01/08/02 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh, and seriously, i was in cayo (san ignacio & belmopan) in '93, and there is nothing to be concerned about. honest. we had a terrific time.

we did get a bit banged, bit & bruised, but we wore it like a badge of honor!

#46826 01/08/02 04:27 PM
T
tammyd Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks Marty that was excatly what I was looking for. Do you think we should call ahead. My husband is a very serious fisherman. I can't go I get sea sick. We have a boat in the U.S. and I have tried many times to go out and get sick. Maybe I can get a massage on the island. Does anyone know about a massage therapist? Or should I just explore the land.

#46827 01/08/02 04:28 PM
T
tammyd Offline OP
OP Offline
T
JaneinPA
thanks for your help? So what should we do!!! We are getting so excited only 66 days to we are there.

#46828 01/08/02 04:34 PM
it sure can't hurt to call ahead. and yes, there is a great massage place in the Sunbreeze, and another just south of la margarita, a lil on the south of town....

#46829 01/08/02 04:37 PM
taking day trips to the mainland is a lot of fun too. Lamanai and the New River, or up the Belize River to Altun Ha, are both great one day trips.

shoot there's a boat involved though. i enjoy taking a maya island plane around the island also, just a private trip flying around and seeing the land. They had an hourly rate for that, its been a couple years since i tried it.

Or get really brave and try the Parasailing with Tony off Fido's dock....

i really like just biking up north along the beach also, and just seeing the land.

#46830 01/08/02 05:40 PM
tammyd,
you cannot help but love jaguar paw! we have stayed there twice which means we liked it enough to go back. if you are a birder - talk to amir. do not miss the cave floats in one or both caves. there is nothing to compare to waking in a broad leaf jungle to hear toucans croaking. at 5am walk out on the road back over the hump to the clearing and look up to the tree tops to see a real life toucan sam! the food is great. let me know your speed record for making it to the western hwy. we try to break our record each time. it really is a thrill. (watch for the pigs in the road tho). stop for a beer at bj's or jb's - i can never remember - on the way there. the view is great. you have to love it. i could go on and on but you will see for yourself soon.
gay

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.