Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

In a last snippet of Wednesday's House meeting, the remarks by minister Finnegan against Dolores Balderamos Garcia was not the only startling occurrence in the House. During his attack on Former Prime Minister, Said Musa, the current Prime Minister Dean Barrow made an unusual declaration that because he's the longest standing member of the house, he should be address as "father."

Prime Minister Dean Barrow

"I will never be guilty of overweening arrogance and corruption of which you sir was guilty according to the CCJ. And I will know when to go. You realize I was doing some research with respect to other motion that's coming up from your member of Cayo South. And I wish he had done the research, and those of you who will support him had done the research, but when I looked at the mother of parliaments in England to see what the law and the practice was�you know I found out something and I'm sure the member for Mesop. would like this. You know I found out that you ought to call me the Father of the House. The longest serving member consecutively-you have served longer than I, except you lost and I have never lost-the member of parliament�the current member of parliament who has served longest consecutively is to be known as the Father of the House. You better call me father every time you see me. I dah your pa! Then Mister Speaker� I noh done now, I gwen through this pain to deal with ah."

Channel 5

B
B
Good grief. Way to act like 5 year olds.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.