Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
A construction worker in San Pedro is in the KHMH tonight after surviving a massive electrical shock and the fall from a four-storey building. It happened this afternoon at 4:20 pm in the downtown area of the island town. 42 year old Artemio Tamai was on top of Sunbreeze Suites working on a roof when a sheet of zinc he was holding came in contact with what we are told is a BEL high tension wire. Due to the power of the jolt, witnesses say he fell from roof unto Barrier Reef Drive. He was taken to a town doctor and then, due to the seriousness of his injuries, airlifted to Belize City. San Pedro Police say his injuries are not life threatening - and his major injury is second degree burns to his stomach.

Channel 7

He fell from the roof of a four story building and his major injury is burns to his stomach? Wow, that is amazing!

I've already told you more than I know.
E
E
I was just thinking the same thing. I know what it would do to my happy arse.

The Humpty Dumpty Theory is at work. You land in the right place and do not a crack a bone. But..............

J
J
He didn't fall off the building. He recieved a massive jolt but was carried off the roof.

D
D
I certainly hope he recovers..but unfortunately in high voltage contacts, the injury has only begun. The damage continues to get worse after the fact.

My prayers are with him and his family.

DC

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the story in the San Pedro Sun...

D
D
There should be, and should of been insulated blankets over the wires to prevent this type of injury.

D
D
Bel should have been asked to put cover on their wire, with construction so close. It's part of their service.

DC

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.