Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#471195 08/28/13 04:49 AM
OP Offline
Defending your home and property from fire:

<www.homefirefightingsystems.com>

L
L
I'm sure Ramons wished they had a few of these babies!

OP Offline
When I read about the problem of water-pressure from hydrants I felt sick ..... these stand-alone systems really work and can use water from sea or pool or cisterns. The only caveat is that they can be a little tricky to prime and you need to be very strong to hold a fire hose with that kind pressure - I've seen them in action and they DO work if you use them as instructed.
(PS - my avatar is a sunset, not a fire)

L
L
You also need to remember the suction of this machine. The inlet needs to float a little above the seabed if you are pumping from the ocean. Otherwise it will suck sand into it and clog the pump. I think I've seen one with a floatation ring for the nozzle inlet the prevents this.

OP Offline
Resorts with swimming pools are able to use that water source easily without the complications of sea water ...... and it's a source of quite a lot of water, usually in a central area.

For a resort, this is a very good product.
http://www.haleproducts.com/Main/Products,174,174.aspx

W
W
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Defending your home and property from fire:

<www.homefirefightingsystems.com>

You are not going to put out much fire with this pump. Better off to buy a 150 gal per min 3" hard suction portable pump with a 1 1/2' hose.

Last edited by Welland; 08/28/13 08:21 PM.
C
C
OH BOY...lets not let the place dry out before we try to make $$$$

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Who's making $$$?
Diane brought up a good product. There are a LOT of fire pumps available out there. I don't think she went into the fire equipment business this morning:)

OP Offline
Hi Everybody - I am not selling these pumps. Unfortunately I'll bet the company is sold out with just the rural residential customers in California who realize they are under-prepared for a wildfire.
Some years ago I had the sickening experience of seeing a neighbor's house go up in flames. I asked for advice from professional fire-fighters. A senior fire-firghter in the NYFD recommended these products. We have purchased and used them.
My own sense is that none of us is really prepared for a fire. Guaranteed if you don't live in the town core the San Pedro Fire Department will not get to you in time to save your home.
It often takes a tragedy to remind us of what we should be doing all along ...... I guess I could have waited to post the info until later when nobody was concerned, but I choose to do so at a time when people were (hopefully) thinking --- "There but for the luck of the draw, it could have been my home that burned."
The products are not for sale in Belize. We ordered ours and had it shipped in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.