Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hello all . My name is Chad and I have recently become a member of this forum . I am happy to be included and want to thank everyone for having us . My wife Marilyn and myself are living in Tulsa OK. and plan on a visit to either Ambergris or Caulker , likely both , in the spring . We plan to stay for a few months with the possibility of relocating permanently . A test drive if you will . Anyway , like many new people to the site we will be full of questions and are looking to the established members for advise and guidance . Please be patient with us and thanks ahead of time for suggestions and assistance .

Chad & Marilyn Hartig

Test drive is smart.
Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye are very different though in some general ways similar... They are both caribbean islands in Belize.
Do you plan to work or just retire?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
OP Offline
C
Im a 46 year old auto technician , Marilyn is a 53 year old Restaurant manager . We are taking some savings and some time off to evaluate the future . So anything past the few months would require some money which for us would require work . We will cross that bridge when we have to . initially it will simply be an adventure !

Come on down and try both islands! I've been coming regularly for several years and discover new things each trip and have never been bored.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
A
A
As it is always exciting to travel and possibly relocate there are many things you need to look into. Employment in the country is a tough one which there are rules that govern this. You will find wages very low and cost of living very high on the islands. Please come and enjoy but don't sell the house just yet ... try it out and see if it is for you guys.

AZ - are you kidding? I thought people went to Caye Caulker just to get "bored."

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
SL, now you are going to have all the CC folks after you!!!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
E
E
Thats OK AZ, it will give them something to do smile

Only termites get bored.

C
OP Offline
C
I can already tell that at this point the conversations here will be fun ! We have lots to investigate and will be responsible without planning the fun out of it . AC , we will not sell the house just yet . We know we need an escape plan . Thank you all for the warm welcome . over the next few months we hope to form some relationships here and enjoy them when we arrive . Thanks again everyone . Looking forward to meeting some of you !
Chad

Last edited by CHEWBON21; 09/13/13 05:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.