Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Throw your personal assistant on your G-V and fly them down here. That should be easy for a man of your exorbitant wealth. Fraudulent A-Hole...

C
C
I went in with a 2 yr old expired Montana License and a passport photo and passport with residency stamp, picked my Belize license up 2 hrs later, no test. 4, yrs ago. in San Pedro

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Originally Posted by Cooper
I went in with a 2 yr old expired Montana License and a passport photo and passport with residency stamp, picked my Belize license up 2 hrs later, no test. 4, yrs ago. in San Pedro

I suppose not only the drivers license, but the residency stamp within your passport had a lot to do with getting it so fast!

The question is: If you do not have a residency stamp in your PP but just own a piece of property in Belize, can a person get a drivers license?

A
A
Also wondering if a QRP "type" renting property in Belize can obtain a Belizean drivers license without a hassle if applicant has US or Canadian drivers license? My understanding was that it was relatively painless -- anyone care to share their experience?

Originally Posted by AdventurousBooks
Also wondering if a QRP "type" renting property in Belize can obtain a Belizean drivers license without a hassle if applicant has US or Canadian drivers license? My understanding was that it was relatively painless -- anyone care to share their experience?

I do not know the answer. Anyone else?

A
A
It was very painless 8 years ago.
I didn't have residency back then, it was not a requirement.
All I did was present a US drivers license and take a short written test.
Short study, 3 questions that weren't common sense like..........
"What side of Albert Street do you park on?" LOL.

Originally Posted by artisan
It was very painless 8 years ago.
I didn't have residency back then, it was not a requirement.

Can someone confirm that residency complete with a Belize residency card is now a requirement to get a drivers license?

M
M
When I applied for a drivers license in 2010, I was asked to provide a photocopy of my Belize Social Security card. That was no problem because I got a SS card many years earlier after becoming a permanent resident.

I don't think residency cards are issued anymore. The only other proof of residency is the stamp in the passport. I can't remember if I was asked to provide a copy of that.

We just moved here in Aug. & my Mom came in under QRP. She got her driver's license in a few minutes at Town Hall. It was very easy. We were told that we have to be residents to get our licenses.

From the information below given by these quotes, it strongly appears that residency needs to be proved before a license is issued.

Originally Posted by sandieinbelize
We just moved here in Aug. & my Mom came in under QRP. She got her driver's license in a few minutes at Town Hall. It was very easy. We were told that we have to be residents to get our licenses.

Originally Posted by MisterB266
When I applied for a drivers license in 2010, I was asked to provide a photocopy of my Belize Social Security card. That was no problem because I got a SS card many years earlier after becoming a permanent resident.

I don't think residency cards are issued anymore. The only other proof of residency is the stamp in the passport. I can't remember if I was asked to provide a copy of that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.