Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

We're flying Tropic to SP and, since Delta bumped us up to Business Elite we can bring more bags. All that to say we may bring an extra bag or two along.

My question is how many bags / person does Tropic allow? Are their any set rules with them?

Any info on this would be appreciated...

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
I just answered my own question by going to their web site - here for anyone else is the deal:

Due to the size of our aircraft there are certain limitations to the size and amount of carrying capacity and baggage. Tropic Air permits each passenger one (1) carry on and two (2) checked bags with the following dimensions:

Allowable carry on size accepted are personal bags such as a purse or a small backpack with a maximum weight of 15 lbs. Due to limited cabin space, all carry on must fit in your lap.

Each checked bag has a maximum weight of 33lbs., 62 linear inches with a width limited to 30 inches and height of 15 inches.

Excess and oversized baggage will be evaluated, charges assessed, and will be shipped on a space available basis.

JR this has never been enforced and I've flown them 12 times (last trip 2 weeks ago). You can only carry inside the plane a brief case, computer or purse. All other bags must be checked. How the get around this is "if all your bags don't make it on the flight you are on, they will be on the next flight"!!! My last largest bag was 65 lbs (both my self and wife) and wheeled "carry on" that I know weighted 35-40 lbs. No problems and no worries, your bags will get there. Just think of all the scuba divers and fisherman who fly Tropic with all their gear!!

Enjoy!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
E
E
up to six bottles of booze will be placed at the stairs for you to carry on board smile

I will look forward to that next time. I'll let you know what flight I'm on Ernie and you can order in advance.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
This is one of the reasons I like to go to Muni and fly out of there. We locals transport a lot of stuff out of that airport.
I've always seen passenger bags on the same plane as them and stuff being shipping being put on last.
Flying out of International I'v see passengers hurried on board arrivig before 4:00 but bags not arriving until 6:00.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
E
E
AZBob, from the duty free store

P
P
Tropic has a limit? I have checked as many as 20+ boxes mixed with some luggage from Muni with no additional charge. It is way above 20 but I am too embarrassed to say just how much more than 20 it was. This has happened on more than one occasion, and again I am too embarrassed to say how many times I have been a shopaholic/ shipaholic and Tropic has come to the rescue. A good tip to one of the handlers always makes sure that no questions are asked and the luggage/boxes always get on the flight.

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone!! -- this is nice!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.