Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#474666 10/10/13 01:55 PM
R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello,

I waited pretty late to book a short visit to AC and am now paying for it as everything is booked it seems. I thought I would try one more shot on here. Does anyone have any ideas on availability between 12/26 and 1/1/14? I wanted some place nice, Victoria House ect.,. but again all booked. I really don't want to be north of the cut but now I am open to it as I am desperate. Two adults and one 17 year old and so we need two bedrooms, ocean front would be preferred. Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

What places have you already contacted? Have you given consideration to splitting up your time between more than one place? Also, I have run into this problem myself in the past and for whatever reason, rooms become available again by end of October. Perhaps due to cancellation dates prior the loss of deposits?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi SS, smile

My head is spinning but let's see. Victoria House, Banyan Bay, The Phoenix, Grand Colony, Athens Gate, Grand Caribe, Las Terrazas, The Palms, Coco Beach and more. I am awaiting on a few more responses.
That might not be a bad idea to see if I can split it up, I never considered that. Thank you.
Interesting too about the end of October, maybe I will just bide my time and see. I can try other places but was hoping to get back to AC. Thanks again.

The places you mentioned are all great, but you might also try Grand Caribe, which because of its large size (for Ambergris) might have something. It is north of the river channel but within cab or golf cart or bike distance. Condo suites there are amazingly attractive, and some upper level units even have elevator access, a rarity in Belize.

Splitting is also a good idea, as it's rare that a property is 100% booked for an entire period -- usually there are some gaps. Over the years I've stayed in almost all the places you mention, and you can't go wrong with any of them.

As noted, cancellations always occur, just as at Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Keep trying -- you're sure to find something nice that you like.

--Lan Sluder

Indigo may have something - it's new and may not be fully booked quite yet.
<www.indigobeachresort.com> Located north of cut but I think that's a good thing.
I hope your holidays are fabulous!

Also check with Caye Management - they have a lot of properties.

R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks very much Diane and thanks to all who messaged me. I am going to look right now. Waiting on a few more possibilities but boy did I see a lot of "no's " the last few days! It's great that the island will be so busy.

R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Lan, thank you but they are booked! Thanks though, I appreciate the response.

R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I'm not giving up...:~)

Did you try Xanadu?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Have you considered a vacation rental home? We stayed here before and loved it!

http://www.cayemanagement.com/north4.html

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.