Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
What would you do? Were on a cruise that goes to belize city for 10 hours,and are planning to go to ambergis key to check it out for a extended stay next year. We are flying there from belize city and taking a water taxi back. What would you do to get the most of your trip during 6 hours on the key? Thanks in advance for your response.

I don't know if this would be "getting the most" out of your time there, but I would definitely take a stroll down Main St to check out the shops, then head over to Fido's for some Panty Rippers or Belikin (and the Fish 'n Chips!). Shark's Bar is a lot of fun, too ... and have some ceviche, if they have any. Oh, and talk to the Belizean people ... they are a major part of the magic of the island!!

Peace,
Carla
L
L
Get off the cruise and stay! hee hee

You should pick out a couple of places that you think you might want to stay and then go and check them out. Have a Beliken at Fido's. Take a long walk down the beach in both directions. Go out on the dock at Ramon's and then have a Beliken at the Purple Parrot. Go out on the dock in front of The Blue Tang Inn and have a beliken at the Dockside. Stop for a Beliken at the little bar at the Tides.

Oh wait, maybe all that beer is a bad idea if you are taking the water taxi.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
Spanky I would either rent a golf cart or a bike & tour the island. There is a golf cart rental place right near the airport. It is not a big island and it won't take long. Check out a few of the resorts just south of San Pedro, it is a great location to stay.... peaceful but only a short walk along the beach into town. Unfortunately you can't go too far north without switching to a boat. Take a stroll along the main street of San Pedro & back along the beach. I would recommend BC's Beach Bar for drink and a meal at Caliente's, right on the beach, great food, and very close to the water taxi. Have fun!

S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks folks for your reply. Any quick cheap snorkel trips you would recomend if we take our gear with us? Any companys on ambergris you might recomend?

I just don't see how you are going to have the time to do everything we've suggested and snorkel too. Something's gotta give. LOL. Don't take the water taxi back, it'll suck up too much of your fun time. Fly back to the municipal. :^)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
B
I agree with Seashell for that short of time you should fly both ways. We have been having a lot of customers coming over from the cruise lines and the problems they have been having is the cruise lines let the people you have paid for shore excursions off first. My last group that was here Sunday didn't make it to Tropic Air until 10am which means they didn't make it to the island until 10:50. We had made prior arrangements with them so we took them to Hol Chan/Shark Ray and they were back in plenty of time to catch their 3pm flight. Of course the only sightseeing they were able to do was quick once around town golf cart tour we took them on when we picked them up. It is possible to do but I would suggest getting friendly with the cruise director to let you off with the tour people or try to get off with them. That will give you more time. Hope you make it to the island. It is definately worth the trip!!!

Dawn O'Connor
Barefoot Diving and Watersports www.barefootdiving.com

snorkle with alfonso

S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey marty,who is this person you suggest for a snorkel trip? Got an email and more info? Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.