Any suggestions on how to deal with BEL?
1. Bills that were in the past mailed out, are not arriving by mail. When queried we have been told that:
a) they are being "hand carried" (found one on the beach earlier this year but that is about it)
b) they are being mailed out of Belize City
c) even the people in San Pedro's BEL office are not getting their bills
2. Payments made to one account are credited to another (closed account) and we can't get the credits moved over to the proper account. This debacle is followed by calls from BEL threatening to cut service due to non-payment.
3. Calling BEL "customer care" and being disconnected when inputting the number for "English" ---
4. Calling San Pedro office and having the phone ring incessantly with no answer whatsoever.
5. Sending a person to the office in San Pedro to get a copy of the monthly bill due to all of the above items, only to be told their printer is either out of ink or otherwise doesn't work so they can't issue a bill. They were able to tell us what we owe - a sum that is HOPEFULLY correct. When our rep went to the BEL office he said that he was one of many people railing up about not getting their bills.
6. Old news, but ridiculous performance - earlier this year there was a failure of the system for online delivery of bills, so BEL's solution was to cut service and hope the people would come in to update their records as a result.
(can't get them to re-up the service properly).
Other recent events - being called to say other accounts will be disconnected due to non-payment of account ""x" - but account "x" is for a temporary meter that BEL technicians themselves removed months ago.
This is absolute madness.