Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
The fact of the matter is that this is NOT a true roundabout!!! If you want to see a real one go to Belize City or the UK.

Coming from the North to South it's a full on straight through road with some stuff happening on your right hand side that you don't give a crap about until you hit someone and then get pissed off at them. They really need to put a speed bump, and a real good one, about 25' back from the intersection coming south. That will fix a lot of problems. Until then if you can't stop for the stop sign stop whinging and pay up.

P
P
Most of the Stop signs should be Give way or Yield signs.

When I was a young lad we had to do cycling and pedestrian proficiency in school. It would help some of our future drivers to learn the rules of the road as well as improve safety for the kids.

Our traffic went from a fishing village to a pretty good sized town in a decade. It didn't used to matter what you did as a driver as there were so few and there was no speed with our sandy pot holed Streets.

Many of today's drivers have no clue on the rules of the road eg1 just pulling out of parking spaces eg 2 passing parked vehicles blocking their side of the street with oncoming traffic. No-ones fault just population/drivers outpacing change but it would be good to implement something in the schools. Funnily enough many of the Gringos are as bad with a can't beat em join em attitude.

We'll get road rage next.............

There is already road rage existing. Experienced it for first time three or so years ago as I looked for a parking space. T'was a local businessman that took extreme exception to my dawdling.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Wow, close to 4 pages for a little nothing - San Pedro always seemed to me like a TV reality show: Many things just unreal - a lot of blablabla and talking for hours without saying anything - a lot of postings to secure a status and to step into the center of gossip:

For my opinion the topic should be: "50$ fine for ignoring traffic rules" and then we might want to realize: As soon as we point out our fingers to someone we do not really see that 3 fingers are pointing back to us.

Questions:
- How many times did you (we, us) violate any rules and have not been fined?
- How many times did you (we) make an own choice to prefer our favorites and not be fair and leave others with a disadvantage?
- why are we so selfish to see errors only on others? Yes, maybe this time the officer seemed to just pick tourists/gringos/visitors but why do you have to post as if you were an angel? You do the same whenebver you're happy and whenever you want!

... so why not enjoy Belize - sunshine - the spread of happyness of the people - the ocean - the smiles ....and just be happy with what you get and what you give?

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
I wish they were as aggressive giving out speeding tickets as they are giving out parking tickets and stop sign violations.
Speeding violations are much more of a danger than parking in a faded red painted area. frown

Inplub Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow is right all I asked was a simple question, not very simple it seems.

By the way I am no ANGEL, one night my wife and I went into town for a takeaway dinner, on our way a friend was going into town we stop and give him a lift to town. He then told us he would take a taxi to a bar up by the bridge, we then told him no problem we will take you there. (I think I was an ANGEL then).

We live a mile south of town and had never been to the bridge at night so we came back the same way and not down the beach. I knew there was a roundabout coming up so was looking left for oncoming traffic; I slowed down ready to STOP, no traffic on roundabout so kept going.

My mistake and will put my hand up and happily paid my fine. As we were there getting the ticket locals were NOT STOPPING and the warden appeared to only giving tickets to NON LOCALS.

I have been told this has happened in the past and just wanted to know if that was true, Simon has told me he got a ticket, so the traffic warden was not just ticketing non locals, this should have been the end of the thread.

I did not want to make up excesses about not seeing the stop sign, I have been driving for over 40 years and in that time NEVER come across a roundabout with a stop sign and yes I am from England and we do have a few roundabouts there.

I do hope this will be the end.

Last edited by Inplub; 12/01/13 06:09 AM.
In the past there used to be a yield sign. I read somewhere it was changed to a stop sign because many did not understand what yield meant.

I just came from town and noticed that there is a YIELD sign on the side street - where the stop sign should be. How hard would it be to get them swapped?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
I completely disagree, the way the roundabout is set up the 2 side streets should be yield and the southbound street should be stop or a big ass speed bump.

OK, so does the south bound traffic stop at the stop sign and yield to the side street traffic who have the yield sign, or does the side street traffic yield to the south bound traffic who are stopped at the stop sign? Not sure how you yield to someone who is stopped, or why you would stop for someone who is suppose to yield.
That sould give the traffic wardens quite a cunundrum to decide who has the right of way if there is an accident. crazy

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.