Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
OP Offline
R
I recall reading in the San Pedro paper last March about Elvi's daughter or maybe granddaughter who began her own restaurant operation. What is its name and where is it located? I seem to recall from the article a downtown location but can't seem to find it in any listing.

Thanks for your help.

Ray
Could that be Caliente's?

Dare To Deviate
Yes, it is Caliente's.
Jenny is Elvi's daughter.
It's on the beach in the Spindrift Hotel.
30 feet from The Infamous Pier Lounge!!!
Jim

Jim
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Now, what are the "reviews" of Jenny's place.

Ray
I have had several excellent meals there.

My family enjoyed our meal at Caliente, though I thought it was a little pricey for what we got. The night we were there, in August, it also was very hot, with the breeze off the water not making it to our table. (That would be less of a problem this time of year.)

There has been little or no remodeling or upgrading since it was Little Italy, so don't go looking for a fancy setting.

Bottom line: In my opinion, it's one of the better places on the island but not really in teh same league as Capricorn, Rendezvous or even Elvi's, and not the value that a place like Papi's, The Reef, Carmen's, etc. is. I would eat there again, but it not often.

--Lan Sluder

Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/
Fodor's Belize and Guatemala Guide
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
Adapter Kit: Belize
Fodor's UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists 2000
San Pedro Cool (coming soon)

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
Caliente is very popular with people who live in San Pedro as a lunch place. The lunch menu is moderately priced and a good value. Most lunch items, except seafood plates, are about $10bz for plenty of food. The sauces (they come on the side) vary from mild to, well, caliente. If you get there about 11 or 11:30 AM, you can get one of the tables outside on the verandah between the main dining room and the Pier Lounge. There are also 3 or 4 tables along the front where the glass louvered windows offer breeze and great view of the beach and noonday water. You won't get this view at Papi's, The Reef or Elvi's.

I'm probably as close to a Caliente's "groupie", not grouper, as can be. I have lunch there most days. I love the food, staff, everything. And, that Jenny can surely cook. The Soups are nice. Tortilla and Lime. Bone Apertiff!!

Gone fishing!!
B
B
went to sp 2x last year & ate at Caliente both times...both times it was the best meal I had on the island, which isn't to say it's the best meal to be found there, but just that I don't think you'll be disappointed...have a great time

M
M
Sounds like an improvement on Little Italy. we'll try it.

Mike Ryan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.