Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
OP Offline
M
Just wondering about the seemingly non-stop stream of motorcycles on the beach these days. I didn't think motorized vehicles were allowed on the beaches, except for the one section from south of the bridge to the roundabout. I know it is certainly making it difficult to enjoy walks on the beach. We've also heard of some tourists commenting on it. The path, in many/most areas is quite narrow, and just between bicycles and foot traffic, it can be quite congested and challenging. Add motorcycles, and it can be downright unenjoyable.

Has something changed, or am I wrong about motorized vehicles on the beach?

The floods on the roads seem to have pushed more cyclists onto the beach. Annoying for sure.
If the road is in good shape for a suitable distance, most motorcycles use the road.

M
OP Offline
M
I completely understand and sympathize with the road conditions, as we're dealing with them every day as well. However, if they aren't supposed to be on the beach, they aren't supposed to be on the beach. They definitely have it easier/more options on the road than the golf carts do.

All traffic can use the beach as a right of way in the absence of a road and the road is underwater. It's definitely a problem but better just get accustom to it the road isn't getting fixed anytime soon despite the political fodder the town board puts out about fixing it.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
So Mayahouserental, properly paved roads or motorbikes on the beach? Which sounds more reasonable to you?

Hey Chris - you make it sound like an 'either or."

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
It is an either or.
This is an interesting read.
OWNERSHIP OF AND RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO BEACHFRONT PROPERTY
OWNERSHIP OF AND RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO BEACHFRONT PROPERTY

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Either-or probably beats neither-nor.

Elbert - the link to the article doesn't work - looks like an interesting read so can you kindly post again?

Here it is Diane...........
Beach Property

Last edited by Loansum-Al K; 12/16/13 11:03 AM.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
J
J
Interestingly, I spoke with one of our Traffic officers about this the other day. He was very clear about the rights of walkers and bicycles on our beach paths north of town. According to him, NO motor vehicles are allowed on the beach paths anywhere on the island, and he asked that the public get license plate numbers, call the traffic department with them, and they would issue a warning first, then a ticket for any additional offenses.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.