Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Mayor Daniel Guerrero and the San Pedro Town Council advises everyone crossing the Sir Barry Bowen Bridge to do so with precaution since a dangerous hole has formed on the bridge.

Only one side of the lanes is passable; therefore, we are asking all drivers to drive slow and to be on the lookout for incoming traffic from the opposite side of your direction. Repairs will start immediately. On site was engineer Lee Van from Medina's Construction and his crew assessing the damage.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

HELP US SHARE THIS MESSAGE SO THAT EVERYONE DRIVES WITH SAFETY WHEN CROSSING THE BRIDGE!

[Linked Image]

More Pics HERE.

Maybe overloading the structure with fully loaded dump-trucks has something to do with this?

I don't know why they cordoned off the entire bridge when they could have let the southbound lane at least get to the top. When I went in yesterday there was no one directing traffic. We each crept up the wrong side with caution not knowing if we were going to meet oncoming traffic. Hours later I arrived back and Mayor Danny passed me right at the toll gate and there was a traffic officer at the top.
It is a big hole. Makes one wonder about the surroundings.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
Looks more like water washing away the foundation, so it makes sense to cordon it off in case more of it is washed away than is visible and the cobbles collapse.

Where is the wire mesh that should have been in the concert under the cobbles?

P
P
They lay the cobbles on compacted sand not concrete

WOW I can understand doing that for the road, but not for a ramp up to a bridge.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

SIR BARRY BOWEN BRIDGE HAS BEEN REPAIRED!

The bridge will be accessible to vehicular traffic such as GOLF CARTS, MOTORCYCLES and TAXIS ONLY!

Originally Posted by Marty
[Linked Image]

SIR BARRY BOWEN BRIDGE HAS BEEN REPAIRED!

The bridge will be accessible to vehicular traffic such as GOLF CARTS, MOTORCYCLES and TAXIS ONLY!

Good work getting this repaired.
Maybe a lesson learned about trucks?? MAYBE.

It would have been nice to see the photos of what they used to fill the hole and repair the foundation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.