Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48074 02/03/02 03:32 PM
C
CCR Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello! I'm planning my first trip to A.C. Thinking about Coral Bay Villas. Anyone have any opinions if this a good choice? Also, why can't you get in the water from their beach? What are some "must do's" while in A.C.? Thanks a bunch!

S
S
Here are my notes from last years trip log (I walk the beach and made notes of almost every place between Banana Beach and Town):

Fantastic sand yard and OK swim beach. Commercial barge landing is fairly close (100 yards).

My memory is that that area is very flat, meaning that it's most likely only 4 feet deep even at the end of the long dock. I heard they dredged soemwhere around there so it might be deeper now.

I take a short swim every morning and unless your version of swimming is a 400 yard work out, you'll be fine.

S
S
When are you going?

I recommend:

Renting a golf cart and going to the north end and the south end, drive around town. Stop by the bakery on the north edge of town for supplies (a must place to stop).

Bike ride around (I recommend to Basils to eat).

Snorkel Hol Chan (a must even for a non-snorkeler).

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
if i remember, i heard CBV is very nice, but no pool. it should be terrific if this does not matter to you.

i was looking into the palms, which has a pool but is closer to town. trade-offs, i guess.

A
A
We stayed at Coral Bay and enjoyed it. The location was great for us, close enough to walk to town, and there is a beach bar very close ( I think it is in front of Cocconuts). The barge landing didn't bother us, we sat at Cocconut's bar and watched them load & unload. It could be very entertaining at times! It was nice to have a full kitchen, although we didn't use it often. Herm & Linda (the managers) were very friendly and helpful , and we will stay with them again next vacation. Have fun wherever you stay!

S
S
Could you hear much of the noise of the barge landing from the Coral Bay Yard?

Thanks.

Nope.

C
CCR Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks everybody for the info! We booked Coral Bay! Woo-Hoo!

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.