Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Counting down 2014 live from Lola's Pub

Downtown San Pedro always comes alive on New Years Eve. This video is the official countdown from Lola's Pub street party as a Giant Coconut Drink "dropped" from Belize Bank.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

NEW YEAR'S EVE 2013

Central Park was swarmed with spectators to bid the year 2013 farewell and to welcome the new year 2014!

The San Pedro Town Council held its annual countdown in front of the town clock where the timer was set at exactly one minute away to guide us in counting down the last few seconds left to the new year!

Before the clock hit 12, the crowd was treated to performances by the San Pedro High School's band the New Generation as well as a reunion from the the San Pedro High School Band from 1997.

Following their performance was Blackhenoh featuring Dale Wallace and music from Skynet Soundz.

Mr. Clive Welsh from the Lighthouse Christian Radio graced us with a prayer to welcome the new year.

Hon. Manuel Heredia, Minister of Tourism & Culture welcomed everyone to the event and wished every one the best for the upcoming year.

Mayor Daniel Guerrero thanked everyone for coming out to the event and making it yet another successful one. He also mentioned the many highs and lows that the town has faced and how he has tried to overcome them and promised to keep a positive attitude for the challenges that 2014 may bring.

And to end the night, the ever popular, Rompe Raja made everyone dance with their music. It was such a delight seeing all the visitors and locals dancing to Rompe Raja's music through out the night.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We hope that 2014 is filled with lots of blessings, health, love and happiness! Have a great one everyone!

CLICK HERE for LOTS more photos!

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Celebrating NYE downtown San Pedro Style

Some years it is a case of the older we get the more it changes how we celebrate :) We started out planning to go to the big NYE party at Lola's and do town, as the day got closer, decided for something more low key like the party down south at Lone Star or dinner at Black Orchid Restaurant. By the time tacoboy got home from work at 7:30 and I could tell that even though he was still willing to get cleaned up and go out on a date, he was feeling tired and over socialized from work.

I was still working and messaging back and forth with Matt about how their plans for the night were shaping up after their dinner at Caprice. Part of me wanted to go meet them in town for the party but decided on a quiet night at home watching tv. It was totally what I needed and I was asleep by 10:00pm or so not long after tacoboy :)

The rapid machine gun fire of neighborhood firecrackers woke me up just in time to catch the fireworks display in town, we get a partial view from our house. As I stood there watching the colorful fireworks, I thought even though I was missing a good party and most of our friends were there, I was glad I opted out of the party this year.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see lots of photos on Tacogirl's blog!

New Year's Eve 2013 - 2014 in San Pedro: Belize Style

Clearly New Year's Eve is a massive party around the world. And San Pedro, Belize is a party town. There is something going on pretty much every night of the year. So on New Year's Eve, things need to be turned up just a bit. They need to be cranked to eleven if you know what I mean.

You really didn't have to go far to find the next party. They walked passed the Lions' Den (the party that really doesn't get going until the wee hours of the morning)�

Lola's Pub (THE place to watch sports in San Pedro) was the expat party hub. They had a full block party set up. I'd been there earlier in the day�

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS of photos on San Pedro Scoop

"All Night Long (All Night)" in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

This has got to be the busiest week of the year for the restaurants, bars and hotels and being in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye to see in and celebrate the beginning of a new year is the primary reason for the high level of bookings and increased level of tourism spending. Oh, and by many of those that live here too!

So, although It's not my usual type of 'gig' I thought that some of you might like to see some photos of how New Year's Eve was celebrated and Rose and I chose Lola's Pub in Barrier Reef Drive for this.

We went to the inaugural block party for last New Year's Eve and it was good, really good but this year Steve Jacobson, owner of Lola's Pub, surpassed it. And by some.

We arrived around 21.15 hours and the area in front of the bar was already busy and the street was throbbing with the sounds of The Cover-Ups who were playing in front of the Belize Bank.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

San Pedro Celebrates the New Year by the Thousands

Ambergris Caye, Belize was in full celebration mode during New Year's Eve with residents, visiting friends and tourists flocking by the thousands to various venues that offered entertainment and party favors for even more reason to cheer in 2014.

The San Pedro Town Council once again lined up entertaining performances at Central Park once again this year and an amazing fireworks display that got everybody in the celebratory mood. Central Park was teeming with thousands of people, but everywhere you turned there were people having their own great time. Other happening places in town during the New Year's Eve celebrations were Lola's Pub, Fido's, Se�or Marlins, Caprice/Holiday Hotel, Carlos and Ernie's Runway Bar, Jaguar's Temple Night Club, Daddy Rock and The San Pedro Lions Den.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more GREAT photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

San Pedro ushers in 2014 with a bang!

Hundreds of visitors and islanders were out and about to greet the New Year on Ambergris Caye on December 31st. At the stroke of midnight, fireworks sponsored by the San Pedro Town Council (SPTC) burst over the skies of La Isla Bonita as the SPTC organized the annual New Year's Eve block party. Others gathered at various establishments with champagne and wine in hand to toast to a New Year.

The evening kicked off when the SPTC erected a huge stage at the foot of the Town Clock on Barrier Reef Drive. During the course of the night, the stage saw various entertainments including performances from the San Pedro High School Band and Rompe Raja. Just before midnight, the Mayor of San Pedro Town, Daniel Guerrero along with the Area Representative Honorable Manuel Heredia Jr. took the opportunity to encourage everyone to have a safe and prosperous 2014. Then they were joined on stage by other local elected officials to share party favors with the hundreds who gathered on the street. At midnight, the fireworks lit the skies in a spectacular show which ushered in the New Year 2014.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more EXCELLENT photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.