Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I am really trying to talk my fiance into going to AC for our honeymoon. The only thing that makes both of us nervous is hurricane season. We will be leaving Michigan on October 28th and probably returning November 4th or 5th.

Does anyone have any advice on the weather down there at that time? I really don't want to get stuck in a hurricane the week after my wedding!

Thanks a bunch!

KC Offline
Yep... it's hurricane season, but no one can predict if one will land on AC. Heck, even when one is brewing in the Caribbean, they don't know what twists and turns it may take...

Think of it this way... what better place to be stranded on your honeymoon! [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
E
E
If you can't move the honeymoon to a later date and want to ensure perfect weather, it's just not the time to go. We have been in the area twice during hurricane season -- once in Chiapas in late November, once on Cozumel in late August -- and both times there was a hurricane brewing somewhere, which brought tons of rain for one to two days. Go to Hawaii instead, or try the Galapagos Islands!

T
T
I agree. I wouldnt' go anywhere in Central America or Carribean after July through the fall. Too risky...why ruin the honeymoon with bad weather? Go before July, go somewhere else, or wait till Christmas time or spring.

B
B
Personally, GO!

You can always be evacuated.

I grew up with hurricanes a part of life.

Not that big of a deal if you're careful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.