Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 49 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 48 49
Marty #477193 11/12/13 03:57 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of November 2 - 9, 2013

Weather Conditions: Mostly sunny with occasional clouds most of the week- then we got nailed with the rain at the end of the week!

Winds: NW 5, NE 5 - 10, ESE 5, N 5 - 10

Air Temperature: Upper 80's, low 90's

Water Temperature: 78-82 degrees

Moonphase: First quarter on the 7th.

WHAT GUESTS WERE CATCHING:

BONEFISH: The bonefish were tailing like crazy in front of the lodge this week! It was really fun to watch our angling guests get after our "PhD" bones. Kyle has been here several times, but this time he brought his dad Patrick. Patrick went out and caught his very first ever bonefish! By himself. Then he went our with Captain Erlindo and cleaned up. Matt landed seven bonefish this week on fly! He was out there every morning - it was fun to see. And then Bob brought his son Rob for a quick three day trip. Bob also landed a beautiful big bonefish in front of the lodge. All extra credit bonefish!

PERMIT: Captain Emir had his NW wind this week which allowed Walt to get his permit�..which then became part of his Grand Slam! Matt had one on, but held a little to tight and Pop!

TARPON: We had some tough weather this week but the "Tarpon Guys" were able to pull it off. Drum roll��Congratulations to our very own Ed who landed a 100 lb tarpon on fly with Captain Alex! Yeah! And birthday boy Paul also landed a nice tarpon on fly with Captain Luis. And Walt picked up his tarpon on fly with Captain Emir. Ned landed his tarpon of fly with Captain Luis. And Rob was walking on water after landing his tarpon on fly with Captain Emir his last day fishing. Bill and Eddie are fish crazed�.Bill landed his tarpon on fly with Captain Raton. Eddie came so close! Next time.

Grand Slam: Congratulations to Walt who has been coming to El Pescador for three years, and this time it happened! His wife Ann was waiting with big hugs and Captain Emir racks up another Slam for one happy angler. Walt, Slam on Fly, November 5th, 2013.

OTHER SPECIES: Barracuda madness! Snook are also lurking about. It's November and with all this rain, they are venturing out of the mangroves. Tom has been coming to El Pescador for many years. He brought his son Tom with him once again, and they had a blast on spin. Tom Sr. really wanted a ladyfish, and Captain Kechu found them! Scott and Steve have also been to EP, returning this time with an arsenal of jigs and lures. I'm looking forward to hearing about what they end up landing! Matt and his brother Patrick (who owns a tackle shop) brought the tackle shop with him! They too have boxes of lures and rods that they piled into Captain Sinoe's boat. The spin guys had the advantage at the end of the week when the rain came.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONEFISH - Crazy Charlie, Gotcha, CI Special

FOR PERMIT - Turneffe Crab, Avalon, Big Squimps!

FOR TARPON - Black Death, Chartreuse toad, White toads and bait fish patterns.

Guide of the week: Another drum roll please��Guide of the week goes to Captain Alex for getting Ed into his 100 lb tarpon on fly! The rod broke in 3 pieces right at the boat, but the fish was landed.

This Week's Summary:

It was old home week here at El Pescador. Kyle has been here several times and this time he brought his dad Patrick! Steve and Scott returned to fish with Captain Gilberto and I'm hoping for big things from their arsenal of spin gear. Thank you Tom for bringing you son Tom again, and thank you to Ed's group: Paul and Randy, Ned and Mary, Loren and Shelly - we love seeing you here again! Walt and Ann were back for their third time here, and this time Walt slammed. We are all thrilled for him. It was Paul's birthday and also Joan's birthday. Our youngest "guide in training," Gordy, celebrated his 18th birthday! Good sportsman awards to all of our anglers this week. Husband and wife team, Bill and Eddie share their passion for fly fishing. This time Bill got his tarpon, but Eddie you are due! The weather was a little tough, but they went out there and made it happen. And it was a pleasure to meet up with John and Diane who were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. They still look like kids. That's what love will do! Matt and Sara are also celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary. Sara is loving the "no schedule" and Matt is ready to fish and catch! I don't think John and Geoff ever stopped laughing as they spent the week fishing with Captain Sinoe. They also had a blast exploring the lagoon. I think they ripped it up back there� And I really enjoyed the absolutely pure passion for fly fishing that poured out of Conner. We had fun tying up some flies and he made some great creations. And thank you Rob for tying some beautiful tarpon flies at the vice. Big huge thank you to Mr. Ed, my partner in this job, for working with the guide team and our guests. I had a wonderful break and it's great to be back with our El Pescador family.

Cast to your dreams!
Lori-Ann [email protected].

Marty #477653 11/17/13 06:33 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of November 9 - 16th, 2013

Weather Conditions: We have had a very unusual week of pouring rain! Puddles abound. Mostly rainy days with a few welcomed sunny afternoons.

Winds: NW 5, NE 5 - 10, ESE 5, N 5 - 10

Water Temperature: 78-82 degrees

Moonphase: Full moon was on the 13th.

BONEFISH: Anderson and Platt came to town and brought thirty-eight of their angling friends from Dillon, Montana and a few other places. Some people were here for their first bonefishing experience and were wide eyed at the beginning of the week. It poured rain, but these newbie anglers went out and destroyed the bonefish! One day Jana landed 10 tailing bonefish with Captain Alex. Jodi landed twenty something this week. Scott was thrilled with his first. Brad has been guiding and traveling fly fishing for years- this time he brought his brother Todd. Todd picked up the double haul in less than 5 minutes and also landed his first bonefish. Conditions were less than optimal, so anglers were looking for tails, pushes and honey holes! The experienced anglers chased the smart tails in front of the lodge. I watched Barry hook up with a big fish and then he lost it. He didn't know anyone was watching until I sighed at the same time he did and he heard me! Eric and Tammy went out everyday in the pouring rain with Captain Sinoe. They reported good bonefishing each day in spite of the weather. Tammy was thrilled to land one on her own as they were wading the flats. Just a little personal glory there - a good thing for the "birthday girl."

PERMIT: A guide told me one time, "you desire the fish too much gal!" My heart went out to Brad and Jon this week. My permit-crazed guide buddies were focused on this fish, but it wasn't their time. Jon did touch 3! Things happen out there, especially when it's raining cats and dogs. And it did happen for Phil. Phil and his wife Linda went out with Captain Emir and Co-Captain Gordy. They were tarpon fishing when a school of BIG permit were incoming. Emir said, "throw the tarpon fly man!" Phil threw the 3/0 "big eye brown" to the fish and that was it. He landed a measured 25 lb permit on that tarpon fly! See photos. And this is what Phil adds:

"Well he's one of those who knows that life is just a leap of faith Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape"
-Guy Clark

Captain Sinoe reported seeing permit most days this week, as did Captain Kechu and Captain Emir. Nice work everyone! And I almost forgot! I got so caught up in the crazy reports from Bill and Don about their "near miss super slams," but Bill did land a permit on a Christmas Island Special, orange, size 4. So, two permit were landed this week, lots of casts and near hook ups!

TARPON: When it's pouring rain, what do you do? Go tarpon fishing! Bill and Don ripped it up with Captain Luis. They jumped seven and leadered one at the boat. These two angling buddies came in laughing everyday. Guides were looking for tarpon in the channels, mangrove lagoons and over Savannah to the West. Captain Erlindo stayed out just a lit bit longer trusting his years of guiding. Sure enough, Billy and Jessica reported seeing tarpon rolling "all over the place!" At that, Billy cast his fly and jumped one. That one got away, but the next cast connected with a solid set. Billy was smiling for days after landing his 50 lb tarpon on a black death! We want those photos Billy!

Grand Slam: No slams this week, but Captain Luis reported two "almost" super slams! The fish won.

OTHER SPECIES: Jodi was the queen for landing the most variety of fish on fly this week. Way to go Jodi! Barracuda central, some crazy fun with ladyfish and a lot of snapper! Jason went after the fish with spin gear this week and his rod was bent most of the time. Not to mention the amount of fish he fed for appetizers. When the guides were cleaning the huge pile of fish, all the creatures showed up. The birds and fish also enjoyed all of Jason's efforts. And Rob - that was one giant barracuda you landed with Captain Gilberto!

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Luis for keeping Bill and Don is fish all week. They said they never had so much fun and it was pouring rain!

This Week's Summary:

Wow. Montana showed up in a big way, as Montana people do. Anderson and Platt brought 38 of their angling buddies - actually not all of them from Montana, but it felt like it, which is a good thing. We all were so happy to see our repeat friends and excited to know new friends. Kevin and Kelly - the brothers from Colorado, are always so much fun. Jon and Brad are some of the best trip leaders in the business. Thank you boys! Tammy and Eric we hope to see you back soon. Thank you to Ed and also Tammy for letting us celebrate your birthdays with you this week. And most importantly, thank you to all of our guests this week. You all deserve the "Best Sport" award. You had some real live tropical weather this week and you kept smiling and laughing. All the time reporting how thankful you were to be in such a great place. Well, we were darn lucky to have such a great group of friends. Thank you and come back soon!

Cast to your dreams!

Fishing photo of the week:

El Pescador Phil and his 25 lb Permit!

Marty #478301 11/25/13 04:47 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of November 16 - 23rd, 2013

Weather Conditions: Mostly cloudy with thunder storms. Some sunny days earlier in the week.

Winds: NW 5, NE 5 - 10, ESE 5, NNE 5 - 10

Water Temperature: 75-82 degrees

Moonphase: Full moon was on the 17th.

BONEFISH: A big group of anglers here this week and everyone caught bonefish on fly! Lot's of "firsts." Michael was here with his father and grandfather. Three generations fishing El Pescador! Michael caught some nice bonefish with Captain Alex. Congratulations to John, Mike, Greg, Frank, Caroline (who never had a fly rod in her hand before�),Stephen and Chris. Marcel was here with his three sons, Marcel Jr., Carlos and Jorge. They all caught bonefish on fly and learned a ton about fly fishing the salt this week. I don't know what to say about Leonard and Hunter. They went out with Captain Jr. and came back everyday laughing so hard I really never got a straight story. I'm pretty sure they landed bonefish on fly - I awarded them anyway. Every picture was a face of three smiling faces and Beliken beer bottles. Mark and Morrie were here last year, and they returned this year for their honeymoon and Morrie caught a monster bonefish!

PERMIT: Will landed his first permit on fly! Yahooo. He came back to the dock with Captain Kechu his second day out and never stopped smiling. Charles had one on and the knot came undone! Yikes. 5 permit hooked on fly and one landed. #Avalon/Christmas Island Special size 4 - orange. And the big news�.Kelly landed a 25+ permit on live crab with Captain Kechu. The fish was huge! And a big congratulations to Mark for landing a beauty on fly with Captain Cesar. Way to go! And Jim - well, he landed 4 permit on fly with Captain Emir! Hello! Jim#The Catcher and the Fly.

TARPON: Barry, Susan and Captain Luis were on fire this week! They hooked 8 tarpon on fly and Susan landed 3. All on black death 3/0. Then Scott went out with Captain Luis his first day and landed a 25 lb tarpon and jumped another. Yep, black death. Jeff and Charles chased tarpon with Captain Emir, they jumped 4 and Jeff landed one. 12 tarpon jumped, a total of 5 landed. And let's not forget George and Captain Alex. George has been fishing El Pescador for 28 years - chasing silver. He jumped 3 and it still "ain't over." George brought his son Tim and his grandson Micheal. Three generations of fly fishermen from Alaska chasing silver. Love it!

Grand Slam: No slams this week, the fish won. A few reported "almost" slams. When it's yours it's yours.

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks, barracuda, an Amber Jack and some snook sighted but not hooked.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain JR! They may not have caught the most fish, but Hunter and Leonard had the most fun. Hands down. They will return to fish with JR. Apparently, there is no going back.

This Week's Summary:

It was great to see our friends, the brothers - Kevin and Kelly. They always have a great time and I'm thrilled Kelly landed that giant permit! Jeremy, thank you for your outstanding leadership with the Orvis group this week - all very much appreciated! We had some tough weather, but the anglers all kept a positive attitude as they approached the day. Every angler left El Pescador a better fisherman. Some learned more about their casting, some learned more about fish behavior, and some learned about breathing when they see fish. I'm thrilled to see my nephew Paul out there today trying fly casting for the first time. I just left the dock and he and his girlfriend were laughing and casting. That just warms my heart! Patty didn't know she was going to try to fly casting, and now I'm afraid she is addicted. Thank you to Jeff and Sheila, Charles and Allison for returning for your third year. The gals were on "pool duty," and had a blast. Potomic Flyrodders - be proud. Jim and Will rocked it. Thanks everyone for a great week!

Cast to your dreams!

El Pescador guest and his jumping tarpon!

Marty #479889 12/15/13 03:14 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of November 23 - December 14th, 2013

Weather Conditions: A lot of rain! The highest rain this month was December 12 ~ 16.8mm in 1 hour. The last two weeks can be summed up by saying that everyone really appreciated the sun when it came out!

Winds: NW 5, NE 5 - 10, ESE 5, NNE 5 - 10. Cold front pattern: ESE/NW/N/NE/E

Air Temperature: 74 - 84 degree Fahrenheit; 23.3 C - 28.8C

Water Temperature: 75-80 degrees

Moonphase: Last quarter November 25th, New Moon on December 3rd, and First Quarter on December 9th.

BONEFISH: Our bonefish have really saved the day! Wind, rain and lack of sun made for challenging conditions. Luckily, the "Honey Holes," were productive, and for those that sought after tailing fish were rewarded with fish up to 6 lbs! For us, that is huge. Steve was fishing from the casting platform when he decided to tantalize a big lodge bone with a Gotcha. He watched the fish's mouth open and he set the hook. I walked out of the office to see him hook up. Just then I saw 3/4th of his rod go flying out to sea. He tried to hand line the fish in, but it broke off in the turtle grass. We found his rod on the flat, but the very tip top was broken from his brand new Scott S4s. I told him I was sorry for laughing, but my timing was perfect for witnessing the surprise! Luckily, we were able to give Steve an S4s from our demo rods in the shop. And, he has a great story. Congratulations to everyone who fished this week. Your determination and sportsmanship made me proud as a fisherman. You represented the spirit that drives us; that curiosity that leads to great fun and adventure. Special rewards for bonefish go to the following: Ruth - first ever! Kristen shared bonefishing with diving this year, and accomplished both! Billy and Cindy both landed their first bonefish. Thank you Billy for all the fun tying! Eric, David, Rob and Todd - way to go! Dom, Joe, Jon, Al, Brad and Matt - thanks for bringing Chicago to Belize! And congratulations on your first fly fishing in the salt experience. Joe, Bill, Steve, Chuck, Chas and Allen - all landed bonefish in the rain! Greg, Tom, Dave and Mark all left with bonefish pins. And last but not least, Rick and Richard for their first every fly fishing experience and landing their first bonefish. Nice work everyone!

PERMIT: Bud landed his first permit on fly! He was beaming all week. Mark also landed his first permit on fly his third cast. Orange Christmas Island Special, size 4. Don't leave home without it if you want permit here on Ambergris Caye.

TARPON: Matt went out his first day with Captain Tomas and landed his tarpon on fly! He had near misses the following days, but was happy with his accomplishment day one. We are always thrilled for everyone who reaches their dream, but when Dave came back to the dock and told me he landed his first tarpon on fly I almost lost it. Dave has been in treatment for renal cancer. He spent months of his down time tying flies for this trip. He brought along his son Eric for a fun "last fishing adventure." Eric also landed his first tarpon of fly this week. But what struck us all here at EP was the absolute "grace" Dave demonstrated everyday as he approached his fishing. At 78, and under medical treatment, he was the toughest and the gentlest. I sure hope it's not your last saltwater fishing trip Dave. We would love to see you back here. Meanwhile, thank you for showing us your amazing self, and reminding us all about our precious lives!

SNOOK: Lanny landed a beautiful 15 lb snook on fly with Captain Alex. See the "photo of the week!" Way to go Lanny and Captain Alex.

Grand Slam: No slams this week, the fish won. A few reported "almost" slams. When it's yours, it's yours.

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks, barracuda, an Amber Jack and some snook sighted but not hooked.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Cinoe for getting Dave and his son Eric both into their first tarpon on fly!

This Week's Summary:

Happy Thanksgiving, late. Merry Christmas, early! We give "thanks," to our friends who return here to El Pescador. We get so excited when we see your name on our reservations. But it's this continuing relationship with fishing as our common denominator that warms our hearts. Thank you Bill and Kathy and "Happy Trails to You!" Bud and Ruth - great to see you. Thank you Ruth for pool supervision, and Isa looks forward to flirting with you soon as you learn to cast to new distances. Our "Honeymooners," Matt and Kristen. They came here three years ago on their honeymoon, so they are the "Honeymooners," forever. Kristen also received her PADI certification. Dave, Carol, Toni and Scott. Today the sun is shining and it's your last day out on the water before you head home. However, I have a sneaking suspicion we might be seeing you around here sooner than later. I hope so. Rick and Richard had a great father son week. We had several father and son duos these past few weeks and it's been bringing smiles to all of us. One last big "Thank You!" goes to our readers of this fishing report. We are thrilled that you pay attention to our life here at El Pescador and all the beautiful fish and friendships that go with it! Blessings.

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #480969 12/28/13 04:44 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Dec 16 - Dec 21, 2013

Weather Conditions: Scattered thunderstorms early: Partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. The week ended with big wind clearing the skies.

Winds: ESE 10 - 15, E 25 - 30, E 10 - 15.

Water Temperature: Temps ranged from 75-80 degrees

Moonphase: Last Quarter December 20th

BONEFISH: It was really fun to award 7 year old Norah her bonefish pin! She caught on that pins were awarded for bonefish landed and she said, "Lori-Ann, get ready to give me my pin the night before we leave - it's going to happen." And it did. She landed and released two bonefish with the help of her father Sasha and Captain Sinoe. Norah took it one step further and bought a thank you present for her papa. She presented this gift of thanks, and Sasha was one proud papa indeed. Donald and Chris, a father and son duo, landed their first bonefish on fly. They had some tough fishing conditions, but they landed sighted fish each day they fished on fly. Archie and James reported stellar bonefishing on fly with Captain Cesar. Tom also had some nice bonefishing on fly with Captain Cesar. David, Carol, Toni and Scott all landed bonefish which was an especially good thing, as they were chasing permit which can make you nuts. So catching a few nice bones evens out one's personality. Nice going everyone!

PERMIT: Permit were scarce this week.

TARPON: Scott hooked 5 tarpon on fly and landed 2 with Captain Gilberto. When tarpon are leadered, they count. Way to make it happen Scott. Then the big wind hit, and blew most tarpon areas out.

SNOOK: Mike ripped it up with Captain Emir. Mike landed snook on spin everyday he fished. We were thankful because he had the lodge cook some up in addition to the dinner menu. Yum. Sash landed a 16 lb snook on fly with Captain Sinoe. It was a beautiful fish! Snook are so much fun for the angler because they get big air and really put up a good fight.

Grand Slam: No slams this week, the fish won. A few reported "almost" slams. When it's yours, it's yours.

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks and barracuda on fly and spin.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONEFISH - Crazy Charlie, Gotcha, CI Special. Tarpon: Black Death, Chartreuse toad, White toads and bait fish patterns.

This Week's Summary:

We had some wonderful families here this week. Dave, Carol, Toni and Scott - thanks again, we always love to see you guys. I'm most impressed with Carol and Toni's casting and I see a family casting competition in the near future. Carol, the permit will be yours next time! It was also great to see Sasha, Sabrina, Laurie and Norah again. And Archie came back this year and brought his friend James. Archie, it was great to see your smiling face. Donald and Chris we look forward to seeing you here next time. Mike was the ultimate patriarch and made sure his wife Jayne, sister Jo and daughter Shannon all had fishing time. We want to thank you all for a fun week. You had some tough weather, but you persevered. Fish blessings.

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #481362 01/01/14 04:41 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Dec 22 - Dec 28, 2013

Weather Conditions: A mix of clouds & sun with light rain and scattered showers.

Winds: NW 5 to 10, N 5 to 10, NW 5 to 10, SW 0.

Moonphase: New Moon December 28th

BONEFISH: Quincy just landed a nice bonefish in front of the lodge. It's a perfect lee afternoon - fins and tails are making themselves seen out there. His son Q is here as well, they both are avid fly fishermen from Seattle. Mike decided to practice his casting out in front of the lodge as well. He kept a fly on for practice and then he had a big bone suddenly grab his fly! He lost it when it headed toward the dock, but it was fun to see all the action. These are the really smart fish, so they get extra attention! As for the crew here this week we need to mention that Mary and Christy proved that they can get more than parking tickets with a golf cart. Both of the barrel racing champs landed bonefish and will be awarded tonight! Look for bonefish pins on their next cowgirl outfit. Byron landed 22 bones on fly his first day out! He was hoping for Mr. Permit. Clarification, he was counting on Mr. Permit, but the fish won. The bonefish kept him sane. The Chang family is here and they all landed bonefish on fly! Congratulations to Wan, Joe, Chris and Colin. Kenn and Patti landed bonefish on fly everyday they went out with Captain Kechu and had a great time. It was really fun to see Tom out with his family. They run a great lodge in Washington State, and enjoyed the warm water of Mr. bonefish. One day they had a shore lunch with Captain Cesar. His lovely wife Carol and their beautiful daughter Kelsey yelled, "bonefish are on their way to you," as he was wading the flat waiting for lunch. He saw the bones, made the cast, and caught a very nice bonefish which he released a big thank you.

PERMIT: Permit were scarce this week, but Stephen landed one on fly with Captain Raton! And Garth went out with Captain Cesar on day number two and landed a nice permit on fly! It was challenging for permit this week because the water was off color and we didn't have a lot of sun.

TARPON: Q jumped one with Captain Emir early this morning in a lagoon. His father Quincy had a nice bite but lost it on the strip. Meredith jumped one today with Captain Cesar up north.

SNOOK: Meredith was fishing with her father and Captain Cesar today and landed 5 snook on fly. World record holder, Jim Boker was here with his family and friends. Jerret and John ripped it up on light spin - they landed 8 snook over ten pounds, the largest was about fifteen.

Grand Slam: Todd was here for one day of fishing with Captain Emir and he slammed! He landed the permit, then the tarpon, then the bonefish!

OTHER SPECIES: Barracuda and some really big snappers were landed and eaten this week.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Emir for Todd's slam!

This Week's Summary:

We had a wonderful Christmas week here at El Pescador. Tons of great food and laughter made for a fun holiday with our guests and EP family. I had several calls to make sure Garth from Bozeman was all set for his fly fishing this week. His beautiful wife Cara, suggested they have a break in warm weather. Then she said it could also be a fishing vacation! Garth happens to be a busy surgeon, besides a passionate fly fisherman. What is important to my buddies in Bozeman is that he is their goaly for the hockey team. I'm thrilled Garth was able to land a permit, and hopefully tomorrow a tarpon! Tom, Carol and Kelsey - it was hard to say good bye! We really enjoyed you around here and look forward to when you can return. Thank you to all of our guests this week. It's been great to see your fishing skills improve but most importantly, we all feel we have made new friends of El Pescador. Until next year! With a ton of fishing blessings from the fishing department!

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #482462 01/10/14 05:33 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Dec 29 - Jan 4, 2014

Weather Conditions: Mostly cloudy skies with occasional rain showers.

Winds: NW 5 to 10, N 5 to 10, NW 5 to 10.

Moonphase: New Moon January 1st

BONEFISH: We had lovely tailing fish in front of the lodge all week. And the further the angler walks up the beach, the dumber the fish get. As we always say, a bonefish landed on the beach side is worth double points! A good interception, and a slow strip, usually does the trick. This worked for Paul, who landed a beauty up the beach. Tim was here on his honeymoon with his fabulous wife, Traci. They were walking up the beach with the fly rod. Tim had two take off and not return. Yes, a long line release. LLR for the initiated. The entire Dadam family landed bonefish! Something to be proud of for sure. Grandpa Jack, Grandma Barbara, Dad Jeff, Mom Blinda, Uncle Matt and Melinda and let's not forget the leaders of the pack: 10 y/o twins - John Wayne and Jesse James! I love those names and the fishing spirit is very much alive in these guys. Philip and Peter, another father and son duo, also landed bonefish on fly. Bonefish pins awarded to all!

PERMIT: Sam landed his permit on fly with Captain Emir�and that started his slam!

TARPON: Sam landed his tarpon on fly with Captain Emir that went towards his slam for the day. Kelli was here from Texas. This was her first fly fishing saltwater experience and she landed a tarpon on fly with Captain Luis. Awesome. The woman is hooked! Jason was here on a day trip with Captain Cesar. He landed his first tarpon on fly! Meredith also was out on a day trip with Captain Kechu and she landed a nice one on fly. Nice work all! And honorable mention goes out to 10 y/o John Wayne who had two tarpon on with live bait. They got away, but he knows that feeling of feeling the line fly out of you hands when the tarpon gets big air. Look out parents.

SNOOK: Wow! We are seeing some 10 to 20 lb snook around these days. It's wintertime, and they come out of the mangroves with all the fresh water from the rain to feed. A snook on a fly is an amazing experience. They will follow, and then ambush that imitation like they mean it. Kelli had some great shots with Captain Luis, so now she knows the game.

Grand Slam: Sam was here on his honeymoon with his lovely wife Caitlin. Caitlin landed bonefish on fly, and her husband got the SLAM! Permit, tarpon and bone all on fly in one day = SLAM. And when you get a slam at El Pescador, you are awarded a big pin. You also have a plaque that goes up in the Grand Slam Bar. Sam's will read: Sam Reiche/ December 30, 2013/ Captain Emir. Congratulations to the honeymooners!

OTHER SPECIES: We had a lot of anglers use spin this week and they found all kinds of fish to target. Norma landed a shark! John landed a 40 lb barracuda! We had several boats prepare shore lunches this week. This takes some time out of the fishing day, but it's a great experience. The guides cook up what you catch (and yes, they have back up) and the anglers enjoy a tasty fresh hot lunch with fresh tortillas. Yum. Nice going John and Norma.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Emir for Sam's honeymoon slam!

This Week's Summary:

We had a lot of anglers use spin this week and they found all kinds of fish to target. Norma landed a shark! John landed a 40 lb barracuda! We had several boats prepare shore lunches this week. This takes some time out of the fishing day, but it's a great experience. The guides cook up what you catch (and yes, they have back up) and the anglers enjoy a tasty fresh hot lunch with fresh tortillas. Yum. Nice going John and Norma.

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #483053 01/15/14 05:24 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Jan 5 - Jan 11 2014

Weather Conditions: Mostly cloudy skies with some serious rain showers. The sun came out on Friday the 10th, and is supposed to stay out until the North wind expected next week.

Winds: NW 5 to 10, N 5 to 10, NW 5 to 10.

Moonphase: First Quarter Moon January 7th

BONEFISH: Our "Ghost of the Flats!" Amen. We are so lucky to have fabulous bonefishing on Ambergris Caye. We had some flat out tough weather this week, and once again, our bonefish saved the day! Steve landed some nice bones with Captain Alex. Tom, his wife Donna and their son, Elliot - all landed bonefish on fly. This was their first time fishing saltwater flats with a fly rod. Mike and Tera are here on their honeymoon and so far they both have landed bonefish on the fly. Ian brought an arsenal of goodies from the UK and the bonefish have taken everything he has thrown at them! Congratulations anglers.

PERMIT: Not happening this week, but we have high hopes for next week!

TARPON: All the anglers this week desired tarpon. They went out in pouring rain conditions searching for the Silver King. Steve had a couple of shots with Captain Alex, but that was about it. I'm excited to see what happens out there today. The weather has cleared and it's flat out beautiful.

SNOOK: We know they are out there, but our anglers just didn't get the shots this week.

Grand Slam: So we had 18 slams in 2012, and 19 slams in 2013. Let it be yours in 2014!

OTHER SPECIES: We have had some outstanding barracuda fishing this week - both on fly and spin. These fish are totally underrated. They take like they mean it, they get big air, and they taste good. Congratulations to all anglers who put those cuda's in the air!

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Luis for getting his angler a cup a coffee when it was cold and pouring rain. He also added competence to their casting and they left better casters!

This Week's Summary:

We expect storms from the north this time of year, but no one prepared us for all the rain we had this week! The good news is that today it is sunny, wind at about 5, and you can hear the tarpon rolling over on Savannah. I'm so hopeful for our anglers out there today. For our anglers that endured the rain, you get the highest praise. It's one thing to go out when it's perfect and make it happen, but when you go out and make it happen in tough conditions - that's flat out good sportsmanship. Some might call it ridiculous, but it is those that take these times and work with the conditions - you show the world around you about passion and fun. And today�. "Like ya read about." When it happens, embrace it! Thank you everyone for a nice cozy week after the holiday.

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #483505 01/20/14 04:39 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of January 12th - 18th 2014

Weather Conditions: Partly cloudy, showers most of the week, with one solid day of sun.

Winds: ranged from 10-15 mph early in the week to 3-8 mid week, mostly from the northwest to northeast

Air Temperature: Mid 70's, for the High. Low to mid 60's, for the lows. (Cold for us!)

Water Temperature: 70-72 degrees

Moonphase: The full moon was on on January 15th.

BONEFISH: College Freshman Lyle made a solo trip here for a few days to fish with Capt. Tomas and was very successful with the Belizean bonefish. Lonny and John from Florida got their very first bonefish the first day. Tara and Mike from Icy Wisconsin celebrated their honeymoon with many bonefish with Capt. Cesar. Gordon, Mike, Ted, Rob and Kristi tested the bonefish with great success. Our friends from Argentina, Gilberto and Romina fished with Capt. Luis all week. Meagan, Bill, Michael were all able to fool their share of the silver ghost.

PERMIT: No permit were fooled this week

TARPON: A strange low tide took over near the full moon and even with light winds mid week, Savannah flats were off color. There were a few tarpon bites with Gilberto and Capt. Luis, and Joe broke off a fish while fishing with Capt. Cesar. The only well deserved success was honeymooner Mike who rewarded on his last day with a nice 20 pound fish with Capt. Cesar while is sweetheart Tara grabbed some great photos.

OTHER SPECIES: Snook, Jacks, Cudas, lots of snappers, ladyfish.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONEFISH - Crazy Charlie in tan, small crabs, Christmas Islands, Gotcha, Bonefish bitters in root beer

FOR PERMIT -

FOR TARPON - Black death

Guide of the week: Captain Cesar was the star!

This Week's Summary:

The wedding of Bill and Meagan was the highlight of the week and they brought over 80 guests to visit us. It was a spectacular wedding that has brought together 2 great families. El Pescador's family was honored to be able to host them. Fishing wise it was slow, there were just a few boats a day going out, the weather was cold by Belize standards, some clouds, a bit of rain and some very unusual low tides (no high tides to speak of) during a full moon I will blame it on the polar vortex.

Cast to your dreams!
Ed [email protected].

El Pescador guest Mike's Tarpon!

Marty #484431 01/29/14 02:50 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of January 19th - 25th, 2014

Weather Conditions: Mostly cloudy with 1 day of good sun, some showers later in the week.

Winds: Winds ranged from 10-15 mph early in the week to 3-8 mid week, mostly from the northwest to northeast

Air Temperature: Mid 70's, for the High. Low to mid 60's, for the lows. (Cold for us!)

Water Temperature: 70-72 degrees

Moonphase: The last quarter moon was on on January 24th.

BONEFISH: Welby and John got a day out with Hilberto and scored with a few bonefish each. It was Welby's first! Hans scored on a day with Capt. Cesar but his real catch was his wife Sarah who is the most improved caster of the week. Both were able to land some bonefish on the fly. Mary and Jim (parents of bride Meagan) stayed a day longer with their friend Chastine and Brooks. Both couples ventured out in search of bonefish and a shore lunch With Captain Hilberto and his son Capt. Cesar. They were not disappointed as they all caught bonefish and earned their bonefish pins. Special congratulations are due to the ladies as they really worked hard with several casting lessons in preparation for their day on the water. Dorothy, Eddie and Don got their first bonefish with a day trip with Capt. Hilberto. Our Orvis seminar group proved you can catch bonefish on your first day ever on the flats. There were 3 Mikes, Lynette, David, Pat, Sam�everyone slayed the bonefish on that 1st afternoon!

PERMIT: none were tempted this week

TARPON: A day on the water for some staff resulted in tarpon for our own Lori-Ann and Orvis travel's Vinny. Vinny's 30-pound tarpon ate a chartreuse toad with Capt. Tomas at the helm and they jumped another larger fish later in the day. LA's fish was spotted by Capt. Emir. I was skunked even though we got 2 fish to eat with Capt. Vince.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONEFISH - Christmas Island Specials, Crazy Charlie, Gotcha and some special ties!

FOR PERMIT - no permit bit anything this week!

FOR TARPON - Chartreuse toad, Tan toad

Guide of the week: Tomas for the best tarpon of the week!

This Week's Summary:

Only a few boats went out in the beginning of the week as the wedding party departed leaving an empty lodge behind for a few days. Our Orvis Group arrived on Thursday with 10 anglers ready to learn the art and science of bonefishing. A half day seminar followed by 3 -1/2 days fishing overlapping into next week is off to a great start. Thanks to Orvis' Vincent C. for his help and efforts making the seminar a blast.

Cast to your dreams!
Ed [email protected].

Page 11 of 49 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.