Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48271 02/08/02 03:38 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi all,
I am very impressed with the information available on this message board. I do however have a question reagrding transportation from Belize City to San Pedro: is it worth taking the boat or should I book a flight?
My friend and I are going in March (staying at Banana Beach) and our original thoughts were to spend some time in Belize City then catch a boat to S.P. in the early afternoon. Banana has offered to make flight reservations for us as they claim the boats are not a great way to make the trip and that it requires an allowance of 2hrs between the international flight arrival time and boat departure time (therefore not leaving much time to see the city). In addition, they mentioned that a taxi ride from the Intl. airport to the boats/city center would be $20.
Is this accurate?
It almost seems a waste of time to go to the downtown area of Belize City and travel by boat.......My friend and I both enjoy leisurely boat rides and felt that would be an added bonus to travelling to AC.
The boats of course are cheaper, but with the added $20, it's not much cheaper than a flight!
Thanks

#48272 02/08/02 04:02 PM
hey....

Take the flight....

When you take the boat to the mainland to see the ruins etc. that will have been enough.
Its worth the price to fly in, and out.
Have a great time....
Go to fidos, to see barefoot skinny....
and remember the outside bar at mata rocks is right next door to bananna beach.
Great hangout!

hacker

#48273 02/08/02 08:34 PM
Nice to take a boat to caye caulker too, its fun to take the boat over to be different after a few times, but its a lot easier to jump the place from belize international airport...

#48274 02/11/02 01:39 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks guys,

Is Belize City worth an afternoon or would you recommend getting to AC as quickly as possible?
Also, realistically, how much time does it take to get from the Int'l airport to the boat docks?
In addition, my friend and I are travelling separately, so economically, waiting around for her to arrive before catching a taxi into the city would be beneficial, however, there is a couple hours between our flights - is there anything of interest near the int'l airport or will I be bored out of my mind?

#48275 02/11/02 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i would not waste my time in b city. i was extremely unimpressed by it. if you are not doing the mainland in general, just get over to the ac. [Linked Image]

MHO.

#48276 02/11/02 03:09 PM
Unless you are into mangroves and low jungle-like land there isn't anything to occupy your time around the airport. Hop the flight to SP, and tell your friend that you will waiting for her at BC's. (Anybody can tell you how to get there) That is the BEST thing to do.

CC

#48277 02/11/02 05:13 PM
Tell your friend you'll meet her in San Pedro.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#48278 02/11/02 05:26 PM
R
R
We took Tropic Air to AC from Belize City upon arrival. Most flights get in too late to possibly catch the late water taxi to AC after a taxi ride to downtown.

On our return just for the heck of it, we took water taxi from AC to BZ City...even though we had earlier in the week traveled by boat across the bay and up the jungle River to Bomba and eventually to Altun Ha and Maruba with Searious Tours which are located in front of Rubys Hotel.

It was raining like heck when we loaded our gear in the water taxi and we left at the 9:30 a.m. water taxi. Had to cover up and still got wet and chilled, but then it was an adventure....

We spent a couple of hours riding around BZ City...enough for me anytime...then went to the airport. For the difference in price the plane is much better BUT to get another taste of beautiful people and a beautiful country, be adventuresome...watch the weather and take the taxi.

[This message has been edited by Raymond S (edited 02-11-2002).]

Ray
#48279 02/11/02 05:49 PM
B
OP Offline
B
thanks - I actually arrive at 10am, so I have plenty of time to catch the boats - just a matter of the effort and time involved!
Since waiting around for my friend doesn't seem the most appealing option, cost of taxi plus boat for one is practically equal to the plane.
Unless someone has a completely convincing argument in favor of the boats, I think I'll fly [Linked Image]
Thanks for all the insight!!

#48280 02/15/02 05:26 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Anyone else with an opinion on boat vs. plane?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.