Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
OP Offline
R
Does anybody out there have any recent dealings with the Lands Department as far as titles go?

I PAID IN FULL all taxes, property taxes and everything was in order and my money accepted on June 16th 2013. I am using an attorney and the firm checks every week. Nothing. I was then notified in December I owed an additional $1200.00 USD because they "reassessed" what they thought I should have paid. I paid the additional stamp tax on December 11th. STILL NO TITLE TO DATE. What do they need to get their job done?

Is this how they treat us that have faith enough to buy on the island?

It has now been 7 months. I am considering going to the press as this never ends.

Has anybody else experienced this? I am tired of the excuses it takes time. 7 months.. $9,200.00 USD! I want my title!

took me two years. Its in a friends hands and will get it in mine in two weeks when I get there.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
R
OP Offline
R
That is inexcusable. How can that possibly be justified?

B
B
May be if Fox News gets wind of this they will pull the Buy Belize commercial.How can you promote a country that pulls stuff like that?

you really think Fox gives a crap?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by champion
took me two years. Its in a friends hands and will get it in mine in two weeks when I get there.

Champion, was there a problem that had to be resolved first in your case?

Everything was legally in order and it wasn't until then that they took my money. Then they came back for more money, but I still wait. For some reason Lands will not give a reason or explanation.

In the past many people lied about what they paid for a property in order to pay a lower stamp duty. Lands is now checking "market values" against the paperwork to see if under-reporting is happening and this process results in slowing down an already sluggish process.
Bottom line - Lands Department is slow. Eventually you will get title, but patience may be tested in the process for sure.

Originally Posted by tropicguy
Originally Posted by champion

Champion, was there a problem that had to be resolved first in your case?

Everything was legally in order and it wasn't until then that they took my money. Then they came back for more money, but I still wait. For some reason Lands will not give a reason or explanation.

I have no answer, I had paid in full and the builder would go to Belmopan many times and would be told "soon." It is done and in the builders hands now and holding until I
get there in 2 weeks.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
R
OP Offline
R
Since I purchased my place brand new in Nov. 2008 I had a purchase agreement with the price clearly indicated and how much my stamp tax was to be. I was more than happy to pay my stamp tax at the time of my purchase. Unfortunately in my contract it stated I had clear and free title and no liens and that was not the case.

It has only been since June of 2013 that I've been able to straightened things out and finally get the title process going. It was not the fault of me but the Developer who I purchase from that prevented me from moving forward. Now the Lands Dept. punishes me and makes me pay more without any explanation given. Just makes me wonder about the article I read about the corruption at the Lands Dept.

I believe I've been more than patient with the Lands Dept. I just want what I paid for.

If it was the FAULT of your developer why are you here shouting about the Lands Dept? Why not name the DEVELOPER?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.