Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
In the past there was a loophole for you to pay in US$, but put down on the paperwork you paid in BZ$ saving 50% on TAX.

When I paid for our property 10 years ago we paid in US$, but we paid 10% TAX. We should have paid 5% TAX as we are British. It took 3 years for this to come to the surface and took another 3 months of very hard work of my time to get the money back.

I was told by everyone I would not get my TAX back, even my Attorney told me that. Three months of running about and phones calls every week, PAID OFF.

S
S
I purchased my land years ago for $10,000 when I went to do the transfer the lands dept told me that you could not buy land on Ambergris Caye for less than $35,000 so I was taxed on that amount. As I have said before, this is Belize, do not compare with the US or UK, things here are different, that's why many of us come here because it is different from where we used to live.
"Belize" gotta luv it!!!!!!!!

R
OP Offline
R
It is really too bad you had to wait as long as you did when you found an error. I'm sure the Lands Dept. was eager to take your money, however to get it back is a whole different story. It shouldn't have to be this way and it is time to stand up to this.

Some people do not have time on their hands to sit back and wait around for answers or someone to do their jobs. Trust me I have hundreds of communications trying to get my title.

Let me make this clear, all my paperwork was in order and submitted. It should not take this long and I should be able to get answers when I inquire.

The error only came to light when we wanted to sell. We had NO problem in buying, I believe the problems come up if and when you want to sell.

We love it here, came back 4 months ago and reopened our restaurant, would not do that if we did not like San Pedro or Belize.

I have a serious question: why do you NEED a title? As someone said it is only a problem if you want to sell.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
E
E
Sorry but , how freekin stoopid can you get ?

I wasnt gonna put it like that, but.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
I have a serious question: why do you NEED a title? As someone said it is only a problem if you want to sell.

This is borderline dementia, If not full blown nuts.. If you want to sell your home, why would you wait to prove it is yours and fight the government for MONTHS and then lose your perspective buyer?

I ask read the original post, and have the brains to rationally read and understand.

ALL IS IN ORDER. Lands accepted the money on that premise. Why can they not issue a title after months and months? Why can't they explain the problem. It has NOTHING to do with the developer. Yes I fought him for years, but once all was in order why can't Lands issue a title?

Please people take the time to read the original post and not comment on what others say.

I came here for advice, and to tell a story of injustice, but some of you think it is cute.

With this in mind, I have seen this board go off topic if not totally stupid. I am ending this post.

Thanks neighbors.

Like a message board has any legal/political clout to address your "problem".....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.