Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484308 01/28/14 09:44 AM
A
OP Offline
A
My wife and I are considering a trip to Ambergris Caye. We love snorkeling but my wife gets seasick very easily. Can anyone recommend accomodation where there is good walk in off the beach snorkeling or off a dock snorkelling OR where the boat travel to good snorkeling is minimal and convenient. In terms of quality of accomodation, we are likely 3.5 to 4.0 - slightly better than average but not luxury

Most of the beach hotels have lovely swim areas around their piers. You will see a lot of awesome sealife including seahorse, decorator crabs, star fish, reef fish, eels and the list goes on. However the best snorkeling is around the reef. It is fairly calm most of the time. The trick is to be the first one into the sea and the last one back on the boat. It is the bobbing around that makes you sick. Typically traveling to and from snorkel sites doesn't induce nausea.

Drinking ginger ale helps alleviate the discomfort, or any carbonated drink.

Avoid exhaust fumes.

And there are of course patches and anti-nausea meds that can help too.

Ramond's Has the absolutely best dock snorkeling and a great beach. All docks are public so you do not have to stay there to enjoy. Just be careful at any dock snorkeling and/or swimming because of boat accidents. Avoid them at 9 am and 2 pm which is when most of the tour trips are picked up. Ramond's is a beautiful place so check them out:
http://www.ramons.com/
There are lots of great hotels and condo's to chose from.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
A
OP Offline
A
Many thanks for the recommendations and tips. I liked the one about First in Last Out on snorkeling trips. Ramon's looks great

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.