Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

just incredible... never have seen it this bad. Sure, it's rained unlike ever in memory, but this is solely the result of heavy trucks being allowed to pass... unreal.

==========================

So over the years of living here, we have spent countless hours and literally tens of thousands of our own $'s to build and maintain the "road" in the back. Mind you, this is not a zoned public road. This is on our private land. We did this so that the public, tourists and locals alike, would be able to pass. I took these pictures this morning on our property. This is the result of construction and utility trucks being allowed to drive up and down on a regular basis. I can't begin to imagine the extent of the materials that will be needed to fix this. Thank you to Captain Morgan's for driving their loader up this morning to, with a fork lift attachment and chain, hoist this vehicle up and out before it was swallowed whole. This is not the condition the island should be in for the peak of tourist season. Share this if you live in San Pedro and would like to see more resources allocated to the islands basic infrastructure.

[Linked Image]

WOW ! How far up north is this ? What a mess

Around Mata Grande.
Must be photoshop because I'm sure I heard the mayor say he fixed the roads.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Originally Posted by elbert
Around Mata Grande.
Must be photoshop because I'm sure I heard the mayor say he fixed the roads.

"this is not a zoned public road. This is on our private land."

If this is on private land why would the Town Board fix it????? The utility company should fix it.

P
P
If private close it or put a toll on it and allow through who you want based on size. Charge the trucks enough to fix the road.

Is the road passable to the store ?

Originally Posted by Edwardo
Is the road passable to the store ?

Yes.

Thank You Dianne, coming down in a week always like to go to Mata Grande store.

S
S
This is behind Rojo Beach Bar, before Mata Chica. You CAN get to Rojo still... further north forget it, less you are perhaps on horse or in a tank.

RE: "private land"/why would the Town Board fix it? See, the kicker is there is NO public land in this stretch of the island. Private land runs from the sea to the lagoon. Suppose people could just put up a fence. Then at least they won't have this problem anymore...

W
W
Private land hmm? Last night at the BWSL consultation regarding the future sewage and water expansion north of the bridge, I heard for the second time that the "final" road alignment going north will follow the BEL pole line. If true, some time in the "near" future the GOB will be taking any public land in that corridor, with appropriate compensation to the actual land owners I am sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.