Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How to pack [Re: Dlv416] #486388
02/20/14 10:17 AM
02/20/14 10:17 AM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
When I was traveling to the south pacific with the u/w photo club we all wore fishing vests with many many pockets that we filled with film and other heavy stuff.
We were allowed two checked bags and they were filled with dive gear and cameras in special cases. Honest to god we were a sorry sight! Those were the days!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: How to pack [Re: Loansum-Al K] #486390
02/20/14 10:21 AM
02/20/14 10:21 AM
Ontario, Canada
Hon Offline
Hon  Offline
Originally Posted by Loansum-Al K
Originally Posted by Otteralum
Originally Posted by AJ Baxter
All you need will fit in one regulation carry-on bag - any more and you have over packed!

Agreed, but have you met my wife??

Must be related to my wife grin

...and my husband smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Re: How to pack [Re: ScubaLdy] #486395
02/20/14 10:55 AM
02/20/14 10:55 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada and S...
A
AJ Baxter Offline
AJ Baxter  Offline
A
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
When I was traveling to the south pacific with the u/w photo club we all wore fishing vests with many many pockets that we filled with film and other heavy stuff.
We were allowed two checked bags and they were filled with dive gear and cameras in special cases. Honest to god we were a sorry sight! Those were the days!

Harriette - When I first read your response I thought it said "fish nets" and my imagination went on a tangent.

Re: How to pack [Re: Dlv416] #486426
02/20/14 04:35 PM
02/20/14 04:35 PM
Idaho
I
IfOnlyICud Offline
IfOnlyICud  Offline
I
My family of 6 each took our own carryon, what I didn't know was that where we stayed provided laundry service every other day, we actually could have packed lighter and that was each of us bringing our own snorkeling gear. We are coming again on March 27th and I feel your excitement!!
Cant advise enuf though to buy a baby oil/ skin so soft oil to repel sand fleas, they do not seem to be deterred by ordinary bug spray.

IfOnlyICud
Re: How to pack [Re: IfOnlyICud] #486429
02/20/14 04:48 PM
02/20/14 04:48 PM
Ft Lauderdale Fl. USA
C
CrackOfDawn Offline
CrackOfDawn  Offline
C
Ifonly....... We get there on March 26th. Hope to see you there.

Scott
Re: How to pack [Re: Dlv416] #486441
02/20/14 05:57 PM
02/20/14 05:57 PM
A
AJ Baxter Offline
AJ Baxter  Offline
A
You can borrow fins from your snorkel tour operator.

For sand fleas (flys) - avoid walking on the beach at dawn or dusk or use a deet product from the knees down. Avoid scratching, it will only prolong the period of itching. The flys love my wife and dislike me ( my theory is the fleas/flys do not like the coconut rum in my blood stream).

Re: How to pack [Re: AJ Baxter] #486450
02/20/14 07:42 PM
02/20/14 07:42 PM
N
Noelle Offline
Noelle  Offline
N
For me, the OTC antihistamine / allergy drug Zyrtec works like magic for all itchy bites. If you can hang on for the half hour or so that it takes to work you get 12 hours of relief and by then the bites are usually gone.

Re: How to pack [Re: Dlv416] #486486
02/21/14 09:59 AM
02/21/14 09:59 AM
tortuga.chica Offline
tortuga.chica  Offline
Itch-A-Way hemp oil that is sold all over San Pedro is a must for me. I usually buy a few bottles to take home.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Re: How to pack [Re: joekerland] #486607
02/23/14 08:01 PM
02/23/14 08:01 PM
Texas
tcoats Offline
tcoats  Offline
Originally Posted by joekerland
If headed over to go cave tubing, zip-lining, or exploring the Mayan ruins on the mainland, MAKE SURE to take long pants and a long sleeved shirt as well as comfortable walking shoes.

Other than that, it was shorts, t-shirts and swimsuits the entire time, my girl friends wore the occasional sun dress =) I don't think I even needed my sandals or shoes for most of my trip either.

We never went to Jaguar's or Big Daddy's - but there's something going on at one bar/restaurant or another every single night!

We have been zip lining, cave tubing, and exploring Maya ruins many times, and we just wear our shorts, tank tops, and water/hiking Teva sandals and have been just fine. We sometimes need bug spray, but that depends on the time of year.

I agree with others...just take a carry on. In the morning, we put on shorts, shirt, and sandals/flip flops and we are good for the entire day. Even going to dinner in the evenings. No reason to dress up ever. Maybe a sundress at the most. Everyone over packs their first time!

Have fun!

Re: How to pack [Re: Dlv416] #486621
02/24/14 05:22 AM
02/24/14 05:22 AM
A
AJ Baxter Offline
AJ Baxter  Offline
A
I always travel with zip-off pants that convert to shorts and very light-weight hiking/running shoes. You are in Central America and there are several thinks that will bite if given the chance.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 186 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,344
Posts490,730
Members19,968
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.