Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Residents of our beautiful island of San Pedro are in shock and disbelief as another son of the soil has been taken away from us. The peaceful sleep of many in the down town area of San Pedro Town was interrupted as 12 shots rang out in the wee hours of Thursday, March 6, 2014, claiming the life of a dear Sanpedrano.

According to San Pedro Police, they responded to a call at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, where they visited Barrier Reef Drive and found 30-year-old, Jeffery Eiley, Belizean Tour Guide of Marina Drive, San Pedro Town, suffering from several gunshot wounds to the upper part of his body.

Initial investigation revealed that Jeffery Eiley and male person he knows were involved in an altercation on the beach front where they were dispersed by the police. Jeffery Eiley left the area and upon reaching the corner of Angel Coral Street and Tarpon Street he was met by unknown person (s) who fired several shots that fatally injured him.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the story in the Ambergris Today

======================

San Pedro mourns the tragic loss of Jeffrey Eiley
[Linked Image]
The residents of San Pedro Town are in shock following the death of one of their own. 30-year-old Jeffrey Eiley, member of well-known San Pedro Town family, passed away after being shot in the early hours of Thursday March 6th.

According to preliminary reports, sometime around 2AM, residents on Tarpon Street heard about four gunshots and a few second after, about six more. About 15 minutes later, residents on the southern end of Barrier Reef Drive heard someone calling and pleading for help along the road. When residents in the area went out to see what was happening, they saw Eiley still alive, bleeding profusely on the concrete pavement. The residents immediately notified the police and other family members, after which they rushed Jeffrey to the Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Poly-Clinic II, where he later succumbed to his injuries.

When police arrived at the clinic, they observed Eiley still alive and suffering from (3) gunshots wounds below the left elbow, below the right elbow and at the right tricep . All bullets had exited the body. He was pronounced dead at about 3:30AM. Police believe that the previous altercation led to the shooting and they are seeking one suspect, Rafael Juarez. As they believe that he is no longer on the island, San Pedro Police have issued photographs of Juarez at all major points of entry/exit throughout the country and district terminals.

Click here for the rest of the story in the San Pedro Sun

getting a little rough, folks.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I
I
My sincere condolences to the family and friends of Jeffrey Eiley. May he rest in peace. Very sad.

C
C
We will miss him dearly. Rest in peace Jeffrey.

As a property owner on the Island and someone who loves the Island I find it hard to think about retirement there anymore. Such a small area and the shootings , the robberies and the loss of life that gos on in such a small community . What is it maybe an area 1/2 mile wide by 2 miles long where most live and look what happens in such a small place. It happens at night , in the middle of the afternoon what next people ?
Why is it that young people these days don't value life anymore .
It sickens me to think that people do these things to other people without another thought .Sad that such a wonderful place can be filled with so much violence anymore. Hard to keep promoting the Jewel as the Jewel as this keeps happening more all the time .Maybe Ambergris Caye really isn't the Jewel anymore.Stop the Violence .Punish the criminals Love Life , love one another no matter what color or race & live in Peace.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Murder of a prominent tour guide shocks la Isla Bonita

Jeffery Eiley

In San Pedro tonight, there is a sense of numbness at the brutal murder of Jeffery Eiley. The homicide of the well-loved tour guide who comes from a very prominent family in the island, took place at about two o'clock this morning less than two hundred yards from his family home. Thirty year old Jeffrey was involved in an altercation and minutes later, he was shot at least four times; he died in father's hands. Duane Moody spoke to his mother, Susana, who says she heard the gunshots, but could not imagine her son was the target.

Duane Moody, Reporting

The murder occurred this morning as thirty year old Jeffrey Eiley headed to his home on Marina Drive in San Pedro. Eiley was shot to both hands and bled to death. According to his mother, Susana Eiley, she heard the shots and shortly after was told that her son was murdered.

Susana Eiley, Mother of Murder Victim

Susana Eiley

"He was shot right close to the house coming home. I was sleeping and I heard a lot of gunshots. I didn't even know if it is gunshots and I got up and I tell me husband, you think those are gunshots? He said yes and both of us came out on the verandah and peeped. He went back in, but I stayed out and I continue peeping and see if I see anybody passing. Then I heard somebody say prima, prima, Miss Susana-it was my childhood neighbors, one of my cousins came and said that my son is shot. So I run there-run because it is not far. And when I reached there, my son hadn't died yet, but he was bleeding too much�nobody to back, my son, no doctor; there was nothing. So me and my husband back our son, we put him in a golf cart. The police arrived and said don't put him on the gulf cart, but him on a van. So we put him behind the van on my husband lap. I came to lock my house and I run. When I reached there it was too late�he already died on my husband hands."

Minutes prior to the shooting, Eiley was involved in an altercation with another resident at the Central Park on Barrier Reef Drive. Police intervened; Eiley was around the corner from his house when he came under fire. Evidence shows that the tour guide ran for his life�.but his killer caught up with him near an alley in front of Tropic Air.

Luis Rodriguez

Cpl. Luis Rodriguez, NCO, NCIB, San Pedro

"Initial investigation reveals that Jeffrey Eiley and Rafael Juarez were involved in an altercation on Beach Front; that is by the Central Park on Barrier Reef Drive where they were dispersed by the police. Thereafter, Jeffrey Eiley left the area and upon reaching the corner of Angel Coral and Tarpon Streets, San Pedro town, he was met by an unknown male person or persons who fired the shot at him; causing him his injuries.� Eleven nine millimeter expended shells were retrieved from the scene and the blood trail want to let us believe that yes the victim was running for his life."

Susana Eiley

"Right in front of the alley at the school where he went, all the blood to show where he was running and he dropped right in front of Ruby's."

Duane Moody

"So he was chased?"

Susana Eiley

"He was chased and when he dropped there, all he was asking was for his Tia Yoli to give him water. He was asking for water because he was thirsty. They didn't have to shoot my son; they didn't have to do that. Now they are hiding. Don't hide; come out. You did it; come out. When you do something, don't run and hide, come out and face it."

The entire town is shocked by the murder of Jeffrey, who according to Susana was a happy-go-lucky person.

Susana Eiley

"Jeffrey was one of my best sons. I got two of them�I have four kids. Jeffrey was a good son. He was the third; the other son and him. He had a child, three years and last night he came and played with his little girl. The little girl hugged him and kissed him like I think it was�maybe she had the feeling that it was the last. And when he took the little girl home, the little girl screamed; didn't want to let go daddy. He was a good son. He and his father were best of friends. It is sad what is happening to my island. I don't know where these people come from�they just think they are in the Wild Wild West shooting up people."

Police are currently looking for Rafael Juarez for questioning. Duane Moody for News Five.

Channel 5

Police are searching for RAFAEL JUAREZ in connection with the shooting death of Jeffery Eiley. He is no longer on the island.

Cold blooded murderer on the loose!

If you have any info regarding his whereabouts please share with us!

Help us attain justice for the loss of our fallen brother!

M
M
NO! Oh my god. Such a kind, warm, funny and caring man. My thoughts are with the family. He will be dearly missed.

A
A
Originally Posted by Edwardo
As a property owner on the Island and someone who loves the Island I find it hard to think about retirement there anymore. Such a small area and the shootings , the robberies and the loss of life that gos on in such a small community . What is it maybe an area 1/2 mile wide by 2 miles long where most live and look what happens in such a small place. It happens at night , in the middle of the afternoon what next people ?
Why is it that young people these days don't value life anymore .
It sickens me to think that people do these things to other people without another thought .Sad that such a wonderful place can be filled with so much violence anymore. Hard to keep promoting the Jewel as the Jewel as this keeps happening more all the time .Maybe Ambergris Caye really isn't the Jewel anymore.Stop the Violence .Punish the criminals Love Life , love one another no matter what color or race & live in Peace.

I must agree. My retirement plans have changed dramatically. Coming from a town the size of San Pedro with a murder rate of ...about one killing every 8-12 years...gotta re-think this.

you may want to do a bit more research or follow things on the Island a bit more closely Agavegirl before you post . Look back at the papers and see how many shootings and how often not to mention the other crimes.

Still with the rose colored glasses I see.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.