Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48888 02/21/02 01:10 PM
OP Offline
I'd really like to do a cave tubing trip when in AC in April. Which is a good outfit to go with, how much is it and what does it include. I know some mention "lunch" and stuff like "snacks" , what does that usually entail (I dont eat fish so dont want to get stuck with that!)

Same with Altun Ha, any info is helpful on which is a good group to use. Though if I have to choose between doing one trip of another I'll probably pick the tubing.

Any info is appreciated!!!
Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
#48889 02/21/02 01:53 PM
J
J
The cave tubing trip was by far the best trip i have done in Belize. Your hotel can book the trip fro you and it will be through Jaguar Paw jungle resort. Lunch Is included and can be enjoyed at poolside in the jungle. Josh
Altun Ha is a good trip as well. I have had good experience's with Serious adventures going to altun ha. On the same trip they also go to Maruba Spa for lunch and spa stuff.

#48890 02/21/02 02:54 PM
If you don't eat fish prepare yourself for lots of chicken!

#48891 02/21/02 08:30 PM
K
K
We are also wanting to go cave tubing. What do you wear? We heard if you go into the jungles, you will want to wear pants and long sleeves because of the bugs - but the tubing part makes us think bathing suits??? Is it possible to go cave tubing and to either the Lamanai ruins or Altun Ha? If not, which ruins would be best to see. Lamanai looks far. We are staying in San Pedro.

#48892 02/21/02 08:51 PM
D
D
While on the subject of cave tubing, I also have a few questions. I have asthma and was wondering if this would be a concern. I would be prone to attack if there was a long hike involved or any uphill climbing. Thanks for any help.

#48893 02/22/02 02:41 AM
Can't speak for the actual cave tubing. I was supposed to do that but ended up on a way cool cave hiking excursion instead. What I do recommend is quick dry clothes. You will want some cover for the tubing. The cave that we did had a lot of wading and swimming in it too and quick dry clothing would have been just the thing. I didn't have any quick dry stuff with me, so I wore a t-shirt and some knee length exercise shorts. They worked just fine except for after we were done, I was chilled. If I'd had a change of clothes in a backpack that had been kept safe and dry, though, that wouldn't have mattered. I also didn't need to wear long pants and long sleeves and glad I didn't but bug spray is definitely in order, for there and back. No problem with bugs in the cave that I was in, just on the hike and especially once when we were just waiting around at the beginning and the end of the hike. Have fun and don't worry, everything will work out fine.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 02-22-2002).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#48894 02/22/02 12:35 PM
we did both cave floats at jaguar paw. they were great. one was a short walk to the cave entrance but it required some walking once inside. the other was a considerably longer hike with some hills but you just jumped in and floated once you got there. it rained very hard on the way (does anyone remember the hilly mud slide scene in romancing the stone????) so we were wet before we got in the water. wear good tennis shoes or hiking boots. take bug spray & drinking water. take plastic bags to put your wet clothes in because nothing dries quickly in the rain forest. also the red dirt stains permanently. don't miss a cave float.
gay

#48895 02/22/02 02:43 PM
M
M
Is it possible to wear "beach socks" or "water socks" whatever they are called? They have a rubber sole and a stretchy type material for the rest of the shoe. We are trying to pack at a minimum and they compact easily.

Thanks for any help.

#48896 02/22/02 03:11 PM
mags, i would not recommend beach socks in the jungle. on the beach i wore those sandles that have nylon straps over the toes and around the ankle. you can go in and out of the water no problem. & pleeeaase leave those white socks home as well.
gay

#48897 02/22/02 03:16 PM
J
J
For my cave tubing experience, I wore my scuba booties. Don't know if it weas recommended or not but it worked real well. It was a little slippery over some of those muddy hills in the rain forest, but we got wet and rinsed the mud off anyway.

I thought the coolest thing was, when we came out of the caves, it was pouring rain. We were in the middle of the rainforest in the pouring rain. It just seemes so primative! I am extremely glad that I was able to experience it!

JoAnn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.