Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Looks like our family of 4 will be making a Belize trip in June. This will be trip number 8 for me and my wife. First trip for boys 13 and 17. Trying to watch the budget somewhat.

Looking for some ideas without overscheduling things. We're doing Lamanai and have a Hol Chan charter trip planned. That may be all we plan -- I've learned enough to know it's best to be open for adventure. Overall:

- How many days would you recommend in Orange Walk -- things to see/do? Places to stay? I see I can Tropic directly to San Pedro from Orange Walk on Saturday mornings, so we're looking at arriving on a Wednesday. Would be better off in San Ignacio?

- Thinking about a 2-bedroom at Paradise Villas
for our time in San Pedro. never travelled with the boys to San Pedro. Thinking they would like access to a pool. we like staying relatively close to town, but anywhere from Caribeean Villas to the bridgeis okay. Thoughts here?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Personally, San Ignacio over Orange Walk hands down. No help for hotel, but I think Caracol is the best ruin in Belize. It's at the end of the road from there.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
Thanks, champion. Mary and I love San Ignacio.

We just booked June 5-11 if that helps anyone. Still looking for thoughts and ideas.

Flights from Orange Walk are half that of San Ignacio and we're looking at just two nights inland based on this schedule, so we may do OW. Haven't ruled out San Ignacio but being that close to Lamanai is appealing.

Why Orange Walk? Agree Cayo is a better idea.
If Caracol is too much of a drive, don't forget Cahal Pech - easy to see, very interesting and with a super museum.
With the ages of your sons, maybe a couple of days at Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Adventure Camp -- what a fabulous place - varying levels of cost in accommodations, wonderful adventures and incredible food. (Yes I like it a lot).
;-)

OP Offline
I can be talked out of it. Found a cute hotel downtown with great reviews and close to some interesting eats there in town. Sounds cool and never tried it. Just curious, I suppose.

Will check these ideas out. Thank you!!!

G
G
Otter,

Paradise Villas is one of our favorites, a quiet oasis right in town. Best choice for the $ IMO!

We have stayed at Caribbean Villas in the past, but am a little leery now that the Bar is so popular, but you cant beat their beach!

M
M
Why Orange Walk, I would just stay 3 days in AC and 3 days in Lamanai. Lamanai has tours/activities in morning & afternoon, good food, and the staff is great. Also the ruins are great and you can walk to them.

Go stay at Lamanai Outpost. It's a fantastic place and you can walk to the ruins any time you want.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

OP Offline
Sounds like consensus is to stay at Lamanai or in San Ignacio. I've checked out the Outpost. Leery of some of the prices I've seen, but I agree being right there would be nice. I've heard so much about the river ride down to Lamanai, though. Thoughts?

OP Offline
We have a quote request into Lamanai Outpost. We're also confirmed for our full day Hol Chan/fishing/BBQ trip on June 9th. Need others to join us to bring the pp cost down if anyone's interested!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.