Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#489245 04/09/14 05:03 AM
Amy-Trina-Permit.jpg
Marty Offline OP
The fish was HOW big?

Guests on Ambergris Caye rarely have to exaggerate about how big the fish was when bragging about their catch when fishing our clear Caribbean waters. On March 31st, while fly fishing for permit in Belize, Amy Trina not only landed a whopper but bragging rights to spare! Amy, who hails from Missoula, Montana USA, sent us this great photo and wrote, " I caught this beauty my first time ever fly fishing for permit in Belize. It weighed between 25 and 30 pounds and took me an hour and 10 minutes to land! This was my first time to Belize and my second time fly fishing in saltwater. I live in Montana but I really truly am in love with Belize and can't wait to come back which will be sooner than later!" Amy's fishing guide was Darrel Smith.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

2 Comments
Now that is one big fish, great picture.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

R
R
I met her and she is a serious fly fisherwoman. And yes that was a great catch which took a lot of skill and time to land.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.